Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Accessories shopping

• Thank you received: 23

Replied by funfred on topic Accessories shopping

Plus 1 on Bellevilles...

I've been lookin' so long, I got side-tracked and forgot about them. I can't remember the number of boot brands I've dismissed for one reason or another but Belleville isn't one of 'em.

Considering my experience of unavailability with the Danner, other than online, I might as well buy anything online. In fact, I have to thank you, Sisco, for the reminder. Gonna get Belleville's MINI-Mil, a zero-drop sole. Not what I originally wanted from them, but...

I used to wear Earth shoes and such without issue and really preferred the natural gait they allowed. If I knew there weren't hidden, sharp, metallic objects, broken glass, what-have-you, hidden in today's terrains, I'd be as barefoot as Jethro Bodine.
The one detractor is, I heard they were imported. Not a big deal as the Danners I was considering are also imported.

Yeah, kinda a strange boot, but have you met me? :laugh:

<edit> No Danner outlets nearby...gonna be in NYC next week. Maybe I'll find both to compare.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by funfred.
9 years 5 months ago #43287

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Accessories shopping

Hope it works out for you. A lot of on line retailers discount Bellevilles so maybe you can find a deal. I am in the market so let me know how they work out.
9 years 5 months ago #43288

Wilco.
9 years 5 months ago #43289

Nix on the MINI-Mils.
The length was correct, the width was way off. I've always worn a wide military boot. These, due to their box toe, are naturally wide. I ordered a "regular" rather than a "wide". Those were 1/4" wider than my wide Altamas. My feet were swimming.

Went back to looking at the Danner, then proceeded to look at the US made version.
I ordered the US version...an extra $100. It has a different tread pattern that looked as tho' it might provide better side bite (something I liked in my jungle boots). Neither appear to be prone to loading up like the typical Vibram soles.

Import vs US

9 years 4 months ago #43464

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Accessories shopping

I have the bottom boot fred, for work and think its pretty good.
9 years 4 months ago #43469

Thanks, that's nice to hear.
9 years 4 months ago #43470

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Accessories shopping

Like the tread design on those US ones.
9 years 4 months ago #43472

I'm hoping they impress me. I've never owned Danners before and Altama has lost my favor...

In my opinion, every interaction one might take seriously should start from the ground up. Don't put cheap tires on your vehicles, cheap shoes on your feet or cheap mattresses under your back. Long-standing castles were built on bedrock for a reason.
This also explains my disappointment with the lower legs of the Atlas BT10 I bought. Fortunately, a remedy has been formulated.

As to the other accessories, I should be getting a package from J.Dewey MFG soon. Then I can get this party started! :cheers:
Decided to go for a few of their products...rod, guide, brush, jag, mops and patches...topped off with Shooter's Choice MC#7 (I've never used it before). After all the searchin', I just didn't want to be bothered with ordering from various sources tho' other brand brushes, jags, guides and solvents had my interest.

Recently picked up Tipton's Best Gun VIse...was tired of using my knees, etc. I don't think it'll support the Barrett tho'. :D

Still need to get some Ballistol, which I have used before...really liked it...seriously multi-purpose. Gonna gauge it against the more narrowly focused Boeshield T9.
9 years 4 months ago #43477

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!