Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Understand your logo now - you are simply a satisfied customer. I was hoping you were somehow connected to the factory so we could ask you for an AR-10 barrel run. :laugh:

My gunsmith has good things to say about Bartlein barrels but I don't own one. Sounds like you have some nice bolt action rifles.
9 years 5 months ago #43202

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by dickn52 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I can call Frank and ask him. Not sure what the differences would be in the production.
9 years 5 months ago #43203

Short progress report from the range outing. Using a M308 Nikon scope (I know.....) at 100 yds the smallest group off a bipod was at 1.25" By the time you factor the -.308 you get a .94" center to center group. Sub MOA, but barely. I didn't like that particular ammo, so will be looking for something else to tighten that up, plus the next set will be benched I think. All in all, shoots well. I do need to get used to that trigger though. Seems like I start in one zip code and go bang in another.
9 years 5 months ago #43302

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Good! It'll tighten up after you break it in.

Lol. You should have been on the trigger end of my HK-91 (the rifle my 10A4BF replaced). It was like creap-grind-bind, and 11 lbs at let-off. That may have explained the 5 MOA groups, but I can't tolerate stuff that doesn't work.
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
The following user(s) said Thank You: dickn52
9 years 5 months ago #43305

Oh I do remember a little about the HK91. Beast of a rifle. Liked it sometimes, didn't like it a lot more often though. I vaguely recall a nasty trigger though. Right now the AR10 is going to be a hobby rifle to use to get away from my true love of Rimfire .22LR comp guns. I have 4 Win 52D's with original to specialized barrels. Shoot those for competition and the stress that builds can be heavy actually. When you are shooting at a circle .27" in diameter with a .22LR bullet, and a winning score is perfect with a lot of x's, then it all boils down to a .100 of an inch. The AR will become my stress relief I think. I enjoy it a lot too.
9 years 5 months ago #43306

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Since you are a 22 comp shooter my guess is that you will an easy sell on this suggestion. You need (want) a new trigger. While I have used a lot of different parts on my AR platform rifles I use only one brand of trigger. Giessele. Here is a link to their website.

geissele.com/triggers.html

My last build included a SSA-E model. I have also used the DMR and National Match triggers on my earlier builds before the SSA and SSA-E models were available. While the DMR can be adjusted to a lower weight than the SSA-E I like the simplicity of the SSA and SSA-E models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, dickn52
9 years 5 months ago #43307

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I've got both the SSA and SSA-E, best money I've ever spent on an AR...except maybe ammo!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: dickn52
9 years 5 months ago #43308

Not ever having done a swap on an AR trigger, how hard is it to do? I am competent and have tools and work space etc... But I don't want to get into this and find I need a smith.
9 years 5 months ago #43309

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I admit I haven't done it yet, as I like the Armalite National Match trigger, But I do have a Geissele GS2 trigger waiting to go in an AR15. Instructions come with them that are well written, and you might want to read this.

bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/05/how...-in-ar15s-and-ar10s/
9 years 5 months ago #43310

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Here is a video , I liked the POV. looks straight forward.
9 years 5 months ago #43311

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!