Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10TAC20

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic AR10TAC20

The interesting thing though, is even with all the extras it is no more accurate than my standard AR10 20" barrel rifle. The bull barrel, free float handguard, etc. Makes up for having a 4 inch shorter barrel and gives me the same accuracy as my rifle, but no better. They are both as accurate as hell, though. I will never get that good a deal again.
8 years 2 months ago #47261

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by patrick85ed on topic AR10TAC20

The RRA 5.56 rifle I have is a pretty basic piece except for the bull barrel and shoots like a dream, the 6.5 Grendal was purpose built to be a 1000 yard gun and it shoots way better than I but it does have and adjustable stock depending on the shooting position and amount of clothing I am wearing I have found it to be a useful ad-on. I just thought this gun stock looked like a nice package and as I live in flat land out here I have no real concerns about carrying weight to a point. My 308 bolt action sniper rig is about 16 pounds loaded and I love hunting with it, actually most of my stands I can drive my 4 wheeler up to so I don't have to carry very far. I am just after some advice from people who have a lot more familiarity with Armalite firearms than I and to make sure this was going to be a good pick. This will be my first AR-10.
8 years 2 months ago #47291

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic AR10TAC20

Patrick, the more I look at that AR10 TAC20, the more I like it. At 9.6 pounds, weight is not bad at all. Price is steep, but that handguard and stock would be about $400 extra if purchased aftermarket. So maybe it isn't such a bad deal.
Just set some money aside for good optics.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Siscowet.
8 years 2 months ago #47293

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic AR10TAC20

If the weight is of little concern, this rifle may be a goo option for you. Especially if you like the aesthetics of the stock and hand guard. The stock does have a great deal of adjustability for the shooter.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 2 months ago #47298

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by patrick85ed on topic AR10TAC20

I appreciate all the advice, Thanks Guys.
8 years 2 months ago #47300

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic AR10TAC20

I love my AR10T carbine for hunting. I have the AR10T rifle with the 20 inch barrel as well, and it is too heavy and cumbersome for hunting, unless I don't have to walk far from my vehicle and I am just going to sit. So for me it is use the rifle at the bench and the carbine in the woods( usually with just the 10 rd mag).
8 years 2 months ago #47326

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!