Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by nitetrain on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

You proven to me you do very good work ! Just wondering how much I would have gained on my upper if you would have added the gas exention on my AR-10T you did for me ? longer range ? or higher velocity ? or both ? improved accuracy ? if its worth it I will have done .
14 years 5 months ago #2270

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

Nightrain you get about 60fps no accuracy change and about a 100yds in range extra. Now I'm going to have some fun with you. Your barrel is going to out shoot you for a long time, I can give all of you out there a hard time on that one. Been there and done that. My shop owns 2 world champs 7 national champs in which the shop owns 3 of them a US champ plus more gold medals, Navy Cups and crap than we got room for. So the point being when you get your 3rd barrel on your rifle I'll give you the extra 60fps to play with. If you shoot every week end that will be about 12 years from now or 8 secounds on each barrel life. There is about 4 secounds of barrel life in 3000 shots and thats .011 cents per shot on the barrel. Barrels are looking cheaper by the shot. I may have stired up a big mess on this one. Barrels are just .11 cents per shot. So get bussy and go wear that barrel out.MSH
14 years 5 months ago #2271

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

Guys as the owner of a 308 upper with a 2 inch extended gas system, I suggest that you look at the pics that MSH posted. One issue (perhaps the only issue) with the extended gas system is that most free float tubes (FFT) are too short to cover the entire gas system. The pics posted by MSH show this clearly. So while it functions better, it is in my opinion kind of ugly with the short FFT. After years of frustration about the appearance of my rifle, help has arrived. SWS (Superior Weapons Systems) now makes a 15 inch length FFT. This will cover an extended gas system of 2 inches - maybe a bit more. I'm not sure about 3 inches. If I were having MSH build me an upper today with an extended gas system, I would provide him with an SWS 15 inch FFT and ask him to make the gas system as long as possible w/o exceeding the coverage that the 15 inch FFT provides. My guess is that this would be more than 2 inches but less than 3 inches.

I have no financial interest in SWS, I'm just a satisfied customer. Here's a link.

www.superiorweaponssystems.com/E1-15.htm
14 years 5 months ago #2272

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

There are a few of the PRI 16" hanguards left out there but they quit making them. There is better than a 80% chance that I might be able to get some super long handguards made that are of super quality and in the $350 price range. Just had a meeting with the MFG today. So need someone start a wish list to give me an idea on how many.MSH
14 years 5 months ago #2276

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:AR-10 Barrel Manufacturers

Mine AR10 is the older Eagle Arms which I am told has a narrower hammer and a few other differences.
I would like to get a upper receiver and have it barreled to the .243 and still retain Mine .308 upper.
Would You know if the newer uppers will work with the older lowers or would I have to get an older upper???
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
14 years 5 months ago #2286

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The new uppers will work fine.MSH
14 years 5 months ago #2289

I contacted Armalite about the trigger setup as the one in my rifle is real bad and am wanting to switch to a more of a 2 stage setup and here is what the said about the older EagleArms rifles.

The 10309000 will fit the Eagle Arms rifle. One thing to consider is how old the rifle is as it may have a narrower opening under the carrier which the new hammers won
14 years 5 months ago #2291

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mill the carrier out for $20. Not a problem. My old Armalite hammers fit in the tighter DPMS stuff just fine. Take pitcures so we can see where they cut the corners.MSH
14 years 5 months ago #2292

Did`nt mean to HiJack the thread,I`ll get the trigger group ordered but it will be about 90 days before they can get it to Me,I`ll start a new thread with that.
14 years 5 months ago #2297

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

That may be right in rifles produced but in class with all the parts kits they made, aint no way we would no what they changed with the mix of parts. The students would just fix the issue on the mill. If your going to get a trigger get a good one like a Giesslie which I misspelled again. This 90 day crap is a sore spot dealing with Armalite. Now that Remington and DPMS and Bushmaster are under the same flag its easier to get parts from them. Theres a lot of parts that interchange including bolts and carriers and barrel extentions. If you will go back some threads I think I caught Armalite sitting on parts to keep people in a panic with them. They had a do not sale list and we offered to make some of the parts to help fill in the gaps. They refused but none of the other MFGs did. I can not positively say thats what they did but it looked odd with everyone else accepting my offer. So look between the lines. I think they were in some trouble but we'll never know. What your saying is the way Armalite has operated for years so nothing has changed.MSH
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by mlotziii.
14 years 5 months ago #2300

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!