Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

How do you Maintain Your Rifle...

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic How do you Maintain Your Rifle...

echoniner111 :)

Haha, you don't HAAAVVEEE to clean them. Just make sure you run them wet.

It's kinda like saying: you don't have to take a shower just wear deodorant.

if you don't clean them they will jam and rust.
11 years 3 months ago #16346

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic How do you Maintain Your Rifle...

If you want pretty much ANYTHING to be ready when you need it, it must be maintained.

If the day comes (God forbid) that you NEED it to defend someone you love or care about and it fails because of poor maintenance habits, well, let's just say that's not the way I would prefer to learn a lesson.

I clean ANY weapon after use and then maintain them and keep them free of dust and foreign matter at all times and check them frequently - probably once a week for each and every article I own. Sometimes, if I'm busy and don't get to it for a week or two, I'm not usually worried about it because it's a time consuming kind of thing but I know that if the time comes they are needed - they are ready - which IS what it's all about.

If you have oiled them and keep them properly stored, it's not like they will collect a lot of sand and mud anyway but just messing with them two or 3 times a month is just a good habit to be in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sonogun
11 years 3 months ago #16350

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Moby on topic How do you Maintain Your Rifle...

I clean mine after each shoot and lube it with Synthetic motor oil per Armalites advice. I tend to store my bolt carrier group a little wet.

My Pelican case is air tight. She lives in it until shootin time.

I clean my Glocks the same way but a little less oil.
11 years 3 months ago #16373

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!