Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Reviews of Aero Precision M5 (.308) Combo set

• Thank you received: 0

Reviews of Aero Precision M5 (.308) Combo set was created by Will520

Looking to start a .308 build. I found a good deal on an Aero Precision combo set. The low price is kind of scaring me, has anyone used these and run into any major issues that I should be aware of? Any insight would be very helpful, I'm new and somewhat ignorant.
8 years 5 months ago #46553

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Hagendos on topic Reviews of Aero Precision M5 (.308) Combo set

Don't know what model you have. I have an Aero Pricision SPR-2 lower that I acquired awhile back and am now building to put under an Armalite AR10B 18" Tactical upper that I grabbed on Black Friday.

At the time I purchased it, it was a very highly rated, forged lower comparable to a Novske, but less expensive. At the time, Armalite was not selling stripped lowers. I have checked out Aero's website recently and don't see that they are selling them any longer, looks like they have gone strictly to DPMS patterned lowers. Probably due to parts and magazine availability.

But if you have an older SPR-2, I would not worry about quality at all.
8 years 4 months ago #46741

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Reviews of Aero Precision M5 (.308) Combo set

My only experience with Aero has been a buffer tube kit for a Matrix 308AR build. I had to add a couple quarters inside the tube and file a notch to let the tube get closer to the carrier so their dimensions are a bit different than some in that area. I'm betting if you stick with all Aero parts you won't have any issues, I don't recall reading of any other issues with them.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 4 months ago #46744

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by GreyGoose on topic Reviews of Aero Precision M5 (.308) Combo set

I am in the middle of an AP M5 build, it locks up tight, all the parts have gone in flawlessly, I like it so far... need to finish it tho, went off on other projects.
8 years 4 months ago #46747

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!