Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

New guy from Idaho

• Thank you received: 0

New guy from Idaho was created by Quentin

Hello everyone! I'm a retired IT guy in Boise who's new to the AR-10 but been around guns most of my life, including the M14 and M16 (US Army 1966-69). I've probably bumped into some of you on other forums, talking guns, technology and politics. I was born in NC and spent most of my adult years in Phoenix, AZ. My wife convinced me to move to Idaho when we retired to be near her daughter. Turned out to be a good move, beautiful state and still mostly free.

Anyway, I'm an ArmaLite fan and was pleased they introduced the A-Series a few years back and recently the very affordable DEF10. So I bought one this year to finally add an AR-10A to my modern versions of the M16 and M14 (AR-15s of course and an M1A Scout Squad). My first AR started out as a S&W M&P-15 stripped lower intended to lean toward a retro build but as I researched and got up to speed it made more sense to go with a modern lightweight flat top carbine version.

Well, very nice place you have here and I've already learned much from you guys. Thanks!
7 years 11 months ago #47506

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New guy from Idaho

:welcome: from Iowa, via North Carolina!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quentin
7 years 11 months ago #47507

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic New guy from Idaho

:welcome: Can't do wrong with Armalite. Have B models myself, as they didn't sell the "A's" when I got my first.
7 years 11 months ago #47509

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic New guy from Idaho

Welcome, pull up a chair and read some we will be here when your done.
7 years 11 months ago #47511

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic New guy from Idaho

Cool! I used to have a collection of antiques, but got into the modern rifle thing courtesy of an offer by HK of an HK-91 for $399.99 back in '84. Then it snowballed. Modern sporting rifles are like the old Timex ad said: They take a licking, and keep on ticking!

The antiques were sold off (at a nice price), and the HK-91 was a casualty too courtesy of the superior performance of my son's AR-10BF, and today the collection boasts an AUG and a SIG MPX carbine, as well as an Armalite AR-10BNMF.

Some things get better with age. :-D

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
7 years 11 months ago #47513

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!