Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

MGI Marck-15 in 7.62x39 - HYBRID??

• Sharkey
  • Sharkey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Life Member
  • Life Member
  • Playgirl's Center-fold of the Century
  • Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic MGI Marck-15 in 7.62x39 - HYBRID??

Damn. I'd love to check em out Lib but they aren't even in production yet.... You're killin me...

Nice find though man. Thanks.. :thumbs:
10 years 5 months ago #32056

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic MGI Marck-15 in 7.62x39 - HYBRID??

They say that they will ship in JAN. which translates to, if you order now probably a 9-10 month wait. They say at Rock River that demand is crazy for them, they are expecting big things from this line. But as always every order is a custom order and unless you buy what they have at your LGS your going to wait a while.
10 years 5 months ago #32077

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

Roger that. Nice lookin piece though but if I do this, I'm gonna do it and not sit around if I can help it...
10 years 5 months ago #32096

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic MGI Marck-15 in 7.62x39 - HYBRID??

www.ar10t.com/forums/other-rifles/13675-...imitstart=0&start=10

Base Rifle - MGI modular QCB-D upper and Modular Lower.
Stock - Magpul CTR
Grip - Magpul MIAD
Trigger - Geissele Super Semi Auto - Enhanced
Gas Block - PRI Adjustable
Muzzle Break - PWS FSC

Calibers .22LR, 5.56/.223, 5.45x39, 7.63x39 with AK47 mags, 6.5 Grendel

Planning to add a 7.5" 300 BLK next once I get the SBR paperwork done.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

I really like the tool-less takedown, easy to switch calibers, easier to clean.

Longest parts are the barrels at about 20" with gas tubes and muzzle breaks.
Easy to fit in a suitcase or backpack for discrete carry.

I can shoot AK47 ammo right from AK47 mags.

I have a fully upgraded CMMG 22LR kit that has the bolt hold open forward assist cuts etc to duplicate normal operation for training.

Of course people want to know about return to zero.

1. Install desired caliber and shoot 5 - 10 round group at 25 yards.

2. Shoot 5 - 10 round group removing and re-installing barrel between each shot.

3. Compare targets.

I have yet to have a barrel that made groups large enough in step 2. for me to notice. I'm not shooting at 100yrds off a bench ether but I might get to that point this summer.

I keep a dope book to record sight and gas system settings for each caliber and then each load for given caliber. I record settings in MOA and gas adjustment from fully closed. That allows me to swap to a bran new optic or iron sights, zero with say 22LR at 25 yards with as many rounds as I need, than install 5.56 adjust settings on sight and fire a 3-5 round group exactly where I expect to hit. It saves on expensive and hard to find ammo.

A word of caution. Some people have had problems dealing with MGI as a company, getting parts or customer service.

My experience has been good. I sent in my old CQB-C upper because it cracked where it was machined too thin, they sent back a bran new CQB-D upper at no charge. I sent my lower in due to the buffer retaining pin damaging the buffer (I was hoping to get a new lower as I assumed the buffer retainer pin hole was in an out of spec location) they replaced the buffer and sent it back. So I would rate my experience with MGI as an A.

I bought only the stripped upper, lower, magwells and 2x buffer spring from MGI and built the rest of my rifle using top tier components, many from Armalite. My result was a rifle that has preformed to top tier standards.

Every time a new wizz-bang AR-15 or even AK based round comes out, I'm generally only a barrel and maybe a bolt away, a $200 to $300 investment that normally costs $1200 and up.

I like to say my MGI is my little B$&#h with multiple personality disorder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Sharkey
10 years 5 months ago #32101

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic MGI Marck-15 in 7.62x39 - HYBRID??

Very interesting indeed. I am curious as to which part is numbered as the "firearm" and how you would go about sbr'ing it. I know there is quite a bit to engrave to form 1 an sbr lower, so would you be making a mag well the sbr or the other half?
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by 13fcolt.
10 years 5 months ago #32102

• Sharkey
  • Life Member
  • Life Member

VERY nice report SOC and thank you for the info. I will definitely take this into consideration. You've been an exceptionally knowledgeable member on here to date so that carries some good weight with me...

Thanks for the insight... :thumbs:
10 years 5 months ago #32103

Section containing the trigger group, stock/buffer, pistol grip is the serialized part.
10 years 5 months ago #32104

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic MGI Marck-15 in 7.62x39 - HYBRID??

I have seen a lot of bravado about it. Believe it and maybe the best gun ever developed, bulletproof and fail proof.

On guy says he put over 1 million rds down the tube.

OK,lets look at that: IF you shot 1 rd per sec, for 8 hrs per day, no time out for reloads, taking a pizz or eatin pizza, then it would take you about a year and 4 months to do. AND he said it was without failure.

I will you others make the call, the web site has very little infor for an engineer like me to chew on so I cannot make a viable assessment. It is a hybid set up which is a nice name for being a half breed, not sure if you asked it what you would get when you said: who's yo daddy?

me, I will pass!
10 years 5 months ago #32161

This rifle has been as/or more reliable than any conventional/military AR-15 type weapon I've handled. Build quality is the same, but I built it myself, I did not buy a complete rifle from MGI and customize it.

I have some 5.45x39 from the 80s that I got dirt cheap and 1/20 wouldn't fire on a first primer strike. I have changed the FCG twice just upgrading to better triggers and that problem has gone away.

If you want one and want it like mine do what I did and build it meticulously. The results speak for themselves.

However every time someone mentions the ACR, SCAR, or other "Multi-cal" rifle it makes me chuckle and ask "So what other calibers do you shoot..."
10 years 5 months ago #32179

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!