Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

I want an ACOG! Uh, ... which one?

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic I want an ACOG! Uh, ... which one?

Nice shooting on your son's part. Guess there is a reason the AUG was adopted by the Austrian and Austrailian and Omani armies.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 5 months ago #42843

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic I want an ACOG! Uh, ... which one?

Thanks! He's a good kid and has excellent handling technique. I've been training him since he was 6. :-)

This is sort-of our first .223. I bought a pair of Colt AR-15s (a carbine and an HBAR) back in the '80s, then sold them for about 3 times cost when the ban hit (of course I kept my .308s).

The trigger is about a 10 lb pull, but not quite as atrocious as I've heard. We're on the list to receive a Rat Worx HTM which I understand is the cat's meow as far as AUG trigger mods.
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
9 years 5 months ago #42847

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic I want an ACOG! Uh, ... which one?

I put myself on the list to receive a 2020 Precision Hybrid Trigger Module for the AUG, but the waiting list is about 2 years (what's with that???). So, in a fit of pique, I bought a 2020 Precision Trigger Sear Module. It is supposed to be about midway between completely fixing the Aug's trigger problems and making do. We'll see.

I don't know if the Aug's trigger is as horrid as people say it is because I grew up using some crappy firearms (and some pretty good ones too :-) ). But the point is that I made do with the equipment that was to hand and didn't complain. The only really bad trigger I have encountered was the one on my HK-91 (which I learned to loathe!), and the stock Aug A3 trigger isn't nearly as bad as that.

Charlie
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
9 years 3 weeks ago #44558

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!