Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by GRA on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Thanks for posting all the detailed information that you did. It really helped. I wound up getting the same ring mount and YHM riser as you used on your's.

Didn't get hit too hard as I was able to do an exchange. All in all I feel like I came out ahead with the whole purchase.

If for whatever reason it turns out I cannot get it to work on the DEF-10 I'll just use it from my 20" AR15 with the A2 front sight. I'll use the Leatherwood I bought for that on the DEF-10 as I already have the same type mount. It isn't illuminated but it's still a good optic and it has setting capabilities for more than one grain of bullet (I think it actually has three) which will work great with the three main bullet weights I'll fire through the ArmaLite.

Thanks again for all the assistance. :twothumbs:
8 years 9 months ago #45564

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Got the BTR-1 scope today, lapped rings most of the night.........I'm moving the BTR-2 model to my P716 and putting this one, BTR-1, on the M15TBN. I had all the mounts I needed to do this but had never lapped any of them....it sucks so I hope it's worth it! Surprised me the cheap Primary Arms mount was way closer than the Armalite was. Lapping is one messy ass job!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
8 years 9 months ago #45577

Seems mine should be here Monday. I've got the same mount so I'm wondering if I will need to do the same to mine? Never lapped scope rings before so if I have to do this it will be something new.
8 years 9 months ago #45578

My PA mount only showed a couple small low spots so they may have been fine without lapping but you just don't know till you start doing it. The ArmaLite mount had two real high spots on the base portion that would have messed up the finish on the scope.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 9 months ago #45579

Scope came in today :thumbs:

Haven't had time to read up on it but it looks simple enough.

I'll have to decide whether I want it on my AR10 or my 20" AR15 ... ???

I'll probably arrive at the conclusion that I should've bought two. :sick:
8 years 9 months ago #45589

Put it where you plan to shoot the fastest. The reticle shines where fast target acquisition is needed. Here is a link to the REAL directions for the reticle;

bushnell.com/getmedia/fd0ba3d0-78ca-4acf...LIM_web.pdf?ext=.pdf

The manual that comes with the scope doesn't cover the reticle at all, hell it doesn't cover much of anything!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai, GRA
8 years 9 months ago #45590

I sure do appreciate that link. I'll try to save it as a .pdf file. :thumbs:
8 years 9 months ago #45591

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Leatherwood scope what model and power, with/witout sunshade? I've been hearing that their an old military scope supplier :unsure: Just picked up two NIB there at the shop and don't recall any specs on them other than they both have BDC, just heard they can't be beat for the price! Would really like to here some reviews from a trusted source.
As far as lapping rings I consider this a must ya never know what you get and it's to expensive to replace scopes because of a bad set of rings :thumbs:
AKAI
8 years 9 months ago #45601

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Nice link with good info :thumbs: We need a place to store good info like this :thumbs: :pray:
AKAI
8 years 9 months ago #45602

This is the scope I purchased from Midway USA:

Leatherwood Hi-Lux ATR Multi-Dial Rifle Scope 30mm Tube 3-9x 40mm No Math Mil-Dot Reticle

www.midwayusa.com/product/516878/leather...il-dot-reticle-matte

Haven't gotten around to really checking it out yet but it appears impressive. I originally bought it for my AR15 20" rifle but I might reconsider once I compare both scopes and both weapons.

MidwayUSA is expecting some in the middle of next month and is showing a price of around $195.00. Mine did not come with the sunshades.

It has 5 different settings that can be used with multiple calibers, and/or bullet weights, and/or ranges.

Download the manual for it and read up on it. Might turn out to be what you're looking for if you're in that price range.

I know that Sportsmans Guide currently has a couple of Leatherwood models and they also offer the lens covers and sunshades. I recently purchased lens covers for mine and will soon get the sunshades when they get some more in.

Here's the link to the Sportsman's Guide with one of the Hi-Lux / Leatherwood scopes it currently offers:

www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/le...ifle-scope?a=1803786

I hope this helps out. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
8 years 9 months ago #45606

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!