Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

The ultimate 308AR.

• Thank you received: 547

The ultimate 308AR. was created by Siscowet

Getting the ball rolling. What would the perfect AR10, or 308AR for that matter, have? What specs, and what accessories. Used t0 be I would have said an AR10T carbine with a 16" Stainless midweight barrel. Now that I have one, I actually think I prefer the 20" barrel Standard rifle a little more. I find it just as accurate and practically the same weight. I really haven't been able to justify much in the way of "tacticool" additions except for a lightweight bipod. Doesn't seem to be much difference for my reloads between a 1 in 10" twist and a 1 in 11.25"
7 years 5 months ago #47710

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic The ultimate 308AR.

Regardless of the specs my ultimate 308 AR is the next one I plan to get!
LIBERTY FIRST!
7 years 5 months ago #47716

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic The ultimate 308AR.

I like my AR10T 16 inch better than the 20 inch because it is handier to hunt with in thick woods. I just wish it had come with a full length picanny rail so I could throw a thermal or night scope in front of the Nightforce NSXcompact scope mounted on it. Other than that, I don't know what could make it more perfect.
7 years 4 months ago #47721

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic The ultimate 308AR.

Definitely is less cumbersome to haul around. I will be hunting with my 16"10T this year. That is one flaw with the factory floating foreend- no picatinny rail. Probably why they discontinued it.
7 years 4 months ago #47723

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!