Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bullet flight app for smart phones

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

Being a tech guy I love that stuff, but being old school and OLD too I know that lasers, phasers, fone apps etc are all tools that ASSIST me in obtaining my objective, but in the end as I well know its that ole Infantry soldier, his boots on the ground who closes with and engages the objective head on that wins...

Never let tech become a crutch. Sadly our current generation has done exactly that...
10 years 11 months ago #23876

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

Spot on!! How many times have you gone to the store and these kids and many adults can't make change without using a calculator on the cash register. Or after they've rung it up and the register says what change to give the customer, you give them $5.12 so you can get an even dollar as change and they can't figure it out. Pretty sad when their batteries die.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mlotziii, jtallen83, OleCowboy
10 years 11 months ago #23878

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Blownchevy on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

I have used the Ballistic one as well, the Bullet Flight is easy even a non computer guy as I can use. It's not that I'm using my app as a crutch, I was just letting you know that the thing is impressive. My 12 year old daughter shot her first deer with a 243 105 gr A-Max @ 468 yards, ranged by a set of Leica binoculars. After i got the range and adjusted the scope My daughter killed it first shot.
10 years 11 months ago #23915

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

Now your all starting to make me curios..... how stupid a phone can I have and still use this stuff?
I still don't know what all the buttons do on my 6 year old flip phone so all the touch stuff is Greek to me!
Must be something really great about those "smart" phones, I noticed all the kids in school kept their thumbs and eyes glued to them, class or no class! This allowed me lots of one on one time with my instructors :thumbs:
:huh: Will that happen to me if I get one? :unsure:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 11 months ago #23921

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Blownchevy on topic Bullet flight app for smart phones

The bad thing is all the kids were probably not using them for information. The apps they have now days is an endless amount of help and knowledge. My brother in law get pissed because he is literally a know it all. Every time he tries to argue with some1 at the bar they pull out there smart phone google it and have him the answer. It cracks me up!
10 years 11 months ago #23925

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!