Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

no guns, no supplies.

• Thank you received: 67

no guns, no supplies. was created by foxhunter

Man, this Obama gunban scare is much worse than 08 when he first got in. I used to walk in to my sporting goods store and 2 or three guys were twiddling their thumbs behind the gun counter, dying to wait on somebody. Now the customers are lined up 3 deep at the gun counter from opening till closing, and the guns, what they have , are flying off the walls. The owner told me anything in 223 or 308, even bolt action is sold a couple hours after he puts them on display. I can't even find a 5 round magazine for an old Ruger 10/22 I just got. Out of stock everywhere. Whats with that??
Remember the advice, to buy a gun in a common caliber, because any store, no matter how remote the location will have it? Well it is the opposite, now. Forget about finding 308, 223,45 acp, 9mm. The reloading supplies are gone, the double 00 buckshot is gone.
I am in decent shape on everything because I thought in 08 this day would come and bought then, but the run on anything guns and ammo is amazing. I am now afraid to shoot much because I don't know when the supplies will return and I might run low on ammo that I can't restock.
11 years 3 months ago #16255

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic no guns, no supplies.

It's bad. I put a round limit on myself when I go to the range, especially on the popular calibers. Plus I have an inventory number for rounds for each Caliber I will not allow myself to go under, period. When I reach that point, no shooting until I can replace those I shot. I am afraid it is going to be like this for quite a while.
11 years 3 months ago #16257

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic no guns, no supplies.

:I-agree: I hear ya! Same here in VT. :rolleyes: I think it's like that everywhere. I talked to one dealer that said before the re-election he had 97% of what people asked for in stock. Now it's the opposite. He is out of about 97% of what people are asking for. I have been slowly stocking up as I can afford it, reloading when I can, and buying what guns I thought I wanted in the long run. There were a couple times I overspent the budget but :censored: I am glad I did now!
11 years 3 months ago #16258

One source to check out, but you have to be disciplined enough to get up early so you are the first there, is garage sales. I have seen some interesting guns, and a lot of old but good shape ammo sold, but usually within the first hours. If you know any garage sale "pros", tell them what you are looking for, and offer them a ten spot commission if they find it. Come spring garage sale time, I will be making sweeps of the local ones.
11 years 3 months ago #16262

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic no guns, no supplies.

:I-agree: Same thing around northern Virginia.... the only thing on the shelves are the unpopular caliber hunting rifles and black powder rifles. Reloading supplies and ammo are pretty much gone. a couple stores did have a few 50 round boxes of .40S&W for $50 though...

:( I can't even find .117 pellets
11 years 3 months ago #16263

Walmart up my way was out of everything, but for some reason they had put a bunch of boxes of CCI 22 LR Hollowpoints 375 count, along with a bunch of boxes of Privi Partizan 45 ACP on a shelf away from the other ammo, and at good prices too! The Privi was 17.99 for 50 FMJ and the 22's were $22. I emptied the shelf. I think it had been overstock they forgot about. I got 5 boxes of each.
11 years 3 months ago #16265

• Thank you received: 51

Replied by VTIT on topic no guns, no supplies.

I live near one Walmart and work near another and they are both out of everything. Luckily the LGS that I use for almost everything has been keeping pretty well stocked especially for her regular customers. Not always the exact ammo that you want but there is usually something there. They just sold a buddy of mine a Stag Arms Model 3 for $830. They list on Stag Arms site for more than that. The older I get the more I find it is good to give my business to locally owned businesses.

They aren't gouging on their prices either.

Not to hijack the thread.....but I just bought some .45 ACP Blazer aluminum case 230 grn ($18 a box) has anyone ever used this? I usually avoid aluminum cases but the price was right and dang it I want to shoot!
11 years 3 months ago #16269

LGS first, everybody else second, Walmart last is my motto. But now I am going everywhere.
11 years 3 months ago #16272

• Thank you received: 99

Replied by 10-76 on topic no guns, no supplies.

I cant even get a response from the Armalite factory for individual officer purchasing.

Anybody know if their LE/MIL Rep. is AWOL?
11 years 3 months ago #16274

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic no guns, no supplies.

It's funny, I get emails of places that have some in stock, by the time I get to it....ALL GONE... :(
As for doing any shooting...I have fired a round in quite some time...but I need to...got three new hand guards installed and haven't tested them yet.
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
11 years 3 months ago #16279

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!