Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Mega Arms-MA -10 build

• Thank you received: 0

Mega Arms-MA -10 build was created by kenner

Hello Everyone, well I'm going to pull the trigger on the Mega Arms MA-10 upper and lower set to build my first 308 AR-10 platform.
I have some questions that I thought someone could help me out with, first of all can I install a std. milspec buffer tube and use a std. ar-15 buttstock on this rifle or do I need to use a AR-10 type stock (magpul PRS)?
Does anyone have suggestions on what buffer spring to use or what buffer?
Any and all suggestions will help me.
Thanks
kenner
12 years 1 month ago #10869

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by 12stones on topic Re: Mega Arms-MA -10 build

Welcome to the site Kenner. I found the following on the MA site, I think it answers your question. Stocks

By incorporating the Mil-Spec buffer thread on the MATEN lower you have the ability to choose any stock you want. Adjustable Magpul, Mil-Spec A2 and everything in between.

After testing here are some buffer combinations we found work well.

*When using the Vltor AR10 5 position buffer tube an H3 buffer should be used with an Armalite AR10 buffer spring.

*When using a standard AR-15 carbine buffer tube an AR10 carbine buffer should be used with an Armalite AR10 buffer spring.

*When using an A2 stock, the Armalite AR10 buffer and buffer spring should be used

IMHO you would be ahead to go with the original AR10 and get an Armalite. But my opinion is definatly biased because I am in love with my new 10A4CBSF. It shoots like a dream. Fit and finish are flawless. It's the best rifle I have ever owned or even shot, and thats includes several of uncle sams.
Good luck with your build, and again welcome to the forum.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by 12stones.
12 years 1 month ago #10870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!