Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Real Shooting

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Real Shooting

Just Me- I am shooting a RRA LAR8 26" 1:10 twist. Heres the load and what I did to get there www.ar10t.com/forums/reloading/14990-long-range-reloads
9 years 2 weeks ago #44497

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

When ever I shoot for record unless noted it is from prone, with a harris bipod and rear bag. If it was standing kneeling,sitting I will note that. All groups are 5 shot groups unless noted otherwise. I may be shooting today to 500m if the winds stay light. Will video if I do. They have a 10 shot 500m challenge going informally over at the hide right now.
9 years 2 weeks ago #44498

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Real Shooting

No logs kept, like a heroine junkie on the jones I just shot it as fast as I could load! :woohoo:
It's good to be home!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by jtallen83.
9 years 2 weeks ago #44571

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Real Shooting

Lib,
Thanks. Your setup is much different than my 20" AR-10T so your loads probably won't be optimal for me. I think half MOA is the best I can expect from it.

dm1911,
Thanks. I've used many different rifle supports and the best I've been able to do so far is half MOA. A bolt gun is definitely easier to shoot better than half MOA as only neck sizing reloads seems to be more consistent than full sizing the brass which is required for an autochucker.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by JustMe.
9 years 2 weeks ago #44578

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Real Shooting

I took my Granddaughter, my oldest niece, and her friend from Virginia to the range for a morning of shooting. They all did real well. There were several 10 in a rows on the steel dueling trees and some 5 inch, 5 round groups at 100 yards with the red dot on the PM400, they were disappointed in the spread at first but cheered up when they saw my old eyes couldn't match them. They all hit very well with the ArmaLite M15TBN, only 4 misses on the 100 yard steel out of 50 rounds! They shot 200 .22 from a Ruger 10/45, 250 9mm from my MK25's, 100 45ACP from my SA 1911,80 rounds of 5.56, and 40 rounds of 308.
It does the heart good to see these youngsters so enthusiastic about shooting!
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Libertarian623
8 years 8 months ago #45571

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Awesome JT, looks like you have a serious group there. Teach em right and they can pass along to there husbands, children and grandchildren long after we are gone.
8 years 8 months ago #45572

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Real Shooting

+2 JT, I always enjoyed taking my kids and now grandkids shooting more than shooting myself.

Lib, Looks like I'll be working up some new loads. Just purchased an 18" carbon fiber barrel from Christianson Arms. Trying to reduce the weight of my AR-10T for hunting, but retain my sub-MOA accuracy. The new barrel is going from a 20" 1:11.25 twist to this 18" 1:10 twist. My current barrel loves 155gr PSMK pushed by Varget and I hope my new barrel also likes them. Christianson says their 1:10 twist barrels prefer 168gr Federal GMM like so many other 1:10 twist barrels.
8 years 8 months ago #45573

JM sounds like it has the potential to be really light. It will be interesting seeing the project develop. please keep us updated.
8 years 8 months ago #45574

Had time today for some range fun with tannerite at 300m and bottle caps at 100m with my sons.
8 years 8 months ago #45575

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by GRA on topic Real Shooting

RIGHT ON !!! :twothumbs:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51
8 years 8 months ago #45576

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!