Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

New DEF-10 ... FINALLY ARRIVED !!!

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic New DEF-10 ... FINALLY ARRIVED !!!

I installed a Geissele trigger on My AR10, Very impressive. I would have to get into the attic to see just which model it was but, it sure works good.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
8 years 9 months ago #45493

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by GRA on topic New DEF-10 ... FINALLY ARRIVED !!!

Anyone ever use one of the POF triggers in an AR10?

I have a 4.5 pounder that I forgot about (amazing at the new discoveries around here) and have not yet used. I was thinking about installing this but I don't want to waste my time.

Never used a 2-stage in a modern rifle. Does anyone know if these are anything like a set of double-set triggers in a muzzleloader? If so, I know what to expect. If not, then what are 2 stage triggers like?

Thanks again folks for the assistance.
8 years 9 months ago #45512

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New DEF-10 ... FINALLY ARRIVED !!!

I prefer a two stage myself. Not much like set triggers, what many would call take up is the first stage then you hit the last stage that performs like a regular single stage. The biggest complaint I here is the long reset on them but it doesn't bother me, I can still send them as fast as I can get the sights back on target. I see the longer pull as a safety advantage, like a DA pistol trigger only not as stiff.
With practice you can easily pull up to the second stage and basically have a couple pound pull if you're using a Geissele SSA or SSA-E stage. I've never shot the Armalite 2 stage match but the tactical two stage in my rifle is near the performance of my SSA so the match must be a sweet one, I think Sisco has one in his T model.
Never tried the POF, is it a two stage or a single?
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 9 months ago #45514

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by GRA on topic New DEF-10 ... FINALLY ARRIVED !!!

The POF is a single stage 4.5lbs. Sorry I didn't mention that before.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by GRA.
8 years 9 months ago #45515

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic New DEF-10 ... FINALLY ARRIVED !!!

It won't take you long to swap triggers around. Give it a go, I'd like to hear what you think. If you decide not to use it I might be interested in taking it off your hands at the right price B)
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 9 months ago #45516

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic New DEF-10 ... FINALLY ARRIVED !!!

All of My Military rifles had the two stage triggers. I bought this AR10, when it arrived, it had a single stage trigger, a lot of pull, not quite knowing when it was going to fire.
I bought a Geisselle SSA two stage. Turned that rifle into as fine of a shooter as the rest of My old Mil. rifles.
As JT described, You pull back, feel the slight stop, stop, take that extra bit of a second, for sight purposes, touch the trigger and, the load has gone down range.
Nothing unpredictable about a two stage.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
8 years 9 months ago #45517

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!