Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Armalite AR10 Adjustable Gas Block

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Armalite AR10 Adjustable Gas Block

My guess is KISS, keep it stupid simple. I have fired all sorts of different ammo from my basic AR-10 and never had a need to adjust the gas. In a battle rifle you want to keep anything that could stop the rifle from functioning out of the mix. I would bet that you start seeing them offer more goodies like adjustable gas blocks in the near future, they have to catch up to the market!
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 5 months ago #42879

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Armalite AR10 Adjustable Gas Block

The new line of Armalites are going to have adjustable gas blocks. See the link on their new line in another thread.
9 years 5 months ago #42882

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Armalite AR10 Adjustable Gas Block

I figured something would be changing since many states now are permitting the use of suppressors for hunting to save hearing. I'm interested in adding suppressors to my hunting rifles, but I don't have an adjustable gas block -- yet.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by JustMe.
9 years 5 months ago #42906

You don't necessarily need an adjustable gas block to run suppressed. you can get there with the right rate on the spring and a heavy buffer as well.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Old18C
9 years 5 months ago #42907

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic Armalite AR10 Adjustable Gas Block

Thanks. I don't know much about suppressors. Do they have to be attached to the front of the barrel which lengthens the barrel about 7 inches or can they be a barrel shroud?

I'd like to avoid the barrel being lengthened significantly like many suppressors I've seen. I'd like one that is a combination fore end and suppressor (shroud), so it only lengthens the barrel a couple of inches max. Do they make such a thing?
9 years 5 months ago #42908

Your looking for an "Integral suppressor". Here is one example;

www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/10/07/a...essor-aries-system/#

I don't know of any out there for the AR platform but then I haven't looked to hard. I think the gas block causes issues with this method.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 5 months ago #42910

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic Armalite AR10 Adjustable Gas Block

I'd suggest using Rocksett thread locker. It holds up to high temperatures better, and lets you adjusted later with more ease. That's the advice I got on this forum anyway. I can't remember who told me about it though.
9 years 5 months ago #43087

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!