Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

• Thank you received: 6

Ok, I got it and now I vent a little was created by dickn52

I try to keep an open mind on these things, but today I got my nose out of whack a little. About three weeks ago I went to my LGS and ordered up an AR 10 T(a). I specified the A model...NOT the B model. You already know I got the 10 (b) right? Now, the 'b 'model may shoot just as fine or better than the 'a 'model, but the magazine issue is what I was trying to get around. IF anyone at Armalite reads these things, then would you please start putting the numbers and letters on the label outside of the box, or even on the serial number. ANYWHERE it can be seen before the ATF transfer is completed? I am now stuck with a brand new (used) AR10b that I simply do not want. I had my heart set on an 'a' model. Called Armalite, and was less than pleased with that response. Basically it was the LGS and distributors fault etc... And it was. My newest gun ownership history starts today with Armalite and I am already less than happy. If it doesn't shoot the sub MOA that I am looking for then everything is up in the air I guess. Thanks for letting me vent a little.
9 years 5 months ago #43046

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Sorry to hear about the screw up. The reality of it is the B modl magazines may be a little more, but they are excellent. I seriously don't know if I would switch given the chance. I have PMags for my AR15's, and I don't see all that much advantage. They are nice, they work, but so do the AR10 Gen II. The B models will be eventually discontinued, no doubt about that. I guess the best thing to do if you are stuck with it is to stock up on mags now. Again, it is never fun to get stuck with something you don't want.
9 years 5 months ago #43047

Replied by dickn52 on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I know the mags will be fine, but again it was the anticipation I guess. It has NOTHING at all to do with Armalite other than they're not listing the complete model on the outside of the shipping container with the serial number. Once the ATF form is done and called in, the transfer is complete and the gun becomes 'used' so there is no returning it at that point. I'll get over all this when I shoot it. But now I have to find 8 20rd magazines and that won't be cheap. Thanks for understanding. Any recommendations on a scope for this? I looked at the m308 by Nikon. Like the one pc mount system. I used a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 with Rapid Z 1000 on a Tikka T3, but that scope is gone now. I always thought it was a little too much scope for the 650 range that I work at. I'll be double duty with the scope and my Win 700 as well.
9 years 5 months ago #43048

Quite a few members use the Nikon 308 BDC and like it. I use the Nikon 4x16 Monarch and like it. Lib does at lot at 600 yards with the Nikon 308 and swears by it. If you don't have a bias against Cheaper Than Dirt, they have the 20 rounders for $24.95 right now.
9 years 5 months ago #43050

Thanks for the tip on magazines. I can and have dealt with Cheaper than Dirt, but sometimes they confuse me. I found the mag I want, ordered it and then they send me a notice that it is on backorder. BUT they have the same item in the other 3 warehouses at a different cost (pennies on that) I think they outsource their orders to different storage facilities that they don't really control. So, cancel the first order, place another at a different location in their system and all is good so far. I have used the m308 before on a Rem 700. I recall it as a very nice scope. I don't want to spend another grand on glass, so will stay under that price point. For target paper hunting, it will do nicely.
9 years 5 months ago #43053

UPDATE...I knew there was a reason I don't do a lot of business with Cheaper than Dirt. As I stated, ordered, cancelled due to back order. Then replaced the order at different location and cheaper actually. THEN I checked the bank and both orders went through, even though I cancelled one per their request. So now I have two shipments coming and according to their CS I didn't actually cancel the order, I just told them that I wanted to cancel the order????? I shoulda stayed with bolt action rifles and never gone into this I'm thinking.
9 years 5 months ago #43055

• Thank you received: 20

Replied by ARMALITE TR on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

I think we actually exchanged emails this morning. The AR-10A series rifles like the AR-10B series rifles will have the part number and serial number on the outside of the shipping box. The "A series" would be A10TBNF and the "B series would be 10TBNF. If it's an "A series" firearm the serial number will start with an "A". Anything else and it's a "B series" rifle. It can be confusing at times I know but aside from the magazines, you have a very fine target rifle.

TR
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 5 months ago #43057

Good to know, but too late in this instance. Being new, I read the AR10TBNF, and both models are AR10TBNF's. But how would anyone know there should be an A in front of that if there is no B in front of the other? A novice like me looks, yep right model... It's ok, got new mags coming and range time tomorrow. New scope bought and being shipped. Now if someone still makes a metal BUIS system and not a recycled plastic (polymer) version I'll be set. :)
9 years 5 months ago #43058

Sent you a PM on BUIS
9 years 5 months ago #43059

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic Ok, I got it and now I vent a little

Is it a secret :laugh: :laugh: Might as well put it out there for everyone I've had mine for :censored: going on 10yrs now, might as well let everyone know!
AKAI
9 years 5 months ago #43073

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!