Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Trapdoor problem

• Thank you received: 6

Trapdoor problem was created by dickn52

Ok, I'm the new guy. BUT not new to AR's. The dust cover/trap door on my 10b will not catch on anything. The pin moves freely and appears to travel from in to full out so to speak. BUT the notch inside the frame for whatever reason will not catch the pin so the door can stay closed. Is there a secret I didn't get a memo on? It's an annoyance, not a necessity. But at this price point stuff should work right.
9 years 5 months ago #43081

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Trapdoor problem

I have had that issue with one of my 15's and one of my 10's, now that you mention it. Did you try cocking it before you close the trap? For some reason on my 15 it makes a difference, I really haven't investigated why. Now you have me curious, I am going to have to check both of them.
9 years 5 months ago #43082

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Trapdoor problem

It should snap tight with the bolt open or closed, mine quickly showed a mark where the detent would go in and out of the groove. I'd hold feet to the fire on that one, as you said for them money you shouldn't have issues like that. Good thing is Armalite still seems to have good customer service so your issue should be resolved.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
9 years 5 months ago #43083

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Trapdoor problem

Dick - Check out this video and maybe there is something that you can adjust on your own. www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...e.display&page_id=25
It may help you access what is going on better. I always try to do it myself , but I am more hands on than most. Just a thought.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, dickn52
9 years 5 months ago #43084

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by dickn52 on topic Trapdoor problem

That was helpful for sure. However, my problem is that the inside groove of the receiver when the pin would catch is worn or too deeply cut. The small pin at the top of the door will not engage enough to hold the door closed. I'll adjust though.
9 years 4 months ago #43194

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Trapdoor problem

I liked those video's, they are a good reference to go back to. Are you going to be able to modify yours somehow.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Libertarian623.
9 years 4 months ago #43196

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!