Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

CDNN/Armalite are at it again

• Thank you received: 547

CDNN/Armalite are at it again was created by Siscowet

Check this link:
www.cdnnsports.com/firearms.html
It looks like CDNN is closing out Armalite A4's, both Rifles and carbines, for $999. Plus you get a "Tactical pack of a scope, rings, sling, and bipod. A really good deal. Have one for $1199 with a free fooat full length rail with handguard, like a SASS has. Guessing Armalite is liquidating all their old line to prepare for there new stuff. Good deals to be had! I am guessing they are all B Models.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 4 months ago #43198

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic CDNN/Armalite are at it again

Wow - what a great deal. If I had the money I would jump on the stainless model. If I ever got another AR-10 I would actually prefer the B model since I already have a B model and a bunch of B mags.

For anyone who doesn't own an AR 10 but is looking to buy one I would suggest that you jump on this deal.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by silver78.
9 years 4 months ago #43201

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by MarkM on topic CDNN/Armalite are at it again

In my research I was only somewhat surprised to see a .338 Federal in Armalite's lineup. It made sense as DPMS has had a .338 Federal for a while now. How well does this do for Armalite? The king of the hill Lapua comes to mind, but this is the Federal round and I haven't seen any writeup for it. Is it a better all around than a .308, or is it a bloated, slow and sloppy round?

Thank You
Mark
8 years 11 months ago #44816

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic CDNN/Armalite are at it again

It's been a while since Armalite offered the 338 Fed. They had a big sale on uppers a few years back and I haven't seen it on their site since. By the numbers it really doesn't offer much more than you can get from a 308 and falls short on long range ability.I don't think they have made one in the new A series but I'm not 100% sure. I think ammo price and availability hurt sales on all the 308 stepchild cartridges. I'd like to see them offer a 260 Rem. again, I might spring for an upper in that cartridge.
They had a nice variety in the 2010 lineup;

www.armalite.com/images/Library/Catalog15.pdf
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 11 months ago #44817

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic CDNN/Armalite are at it again

As JT said, it is a 308 case widened out to take a 338 bullet. No extra powder room, so no higher performance. A big slower moving bullet. Certainly no 338 LaPua. I would stick wih the 308 uless you are hunting hogs in brush or something like that.
8 years 11 months ago #44820

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by Michael_D_Henry on topic CDNN/Armalite are at it again

I bought one of the closeout AR10 in 16" carbine for my son. He took delivery of the gun and could not ever get it sighted in. Being of less experience, he stuck the gun in the safe until this weekend when we could take it out and try to figure out what the problem was. This is the first time I have had a chance to look at the gun since he got it. Needless to say, I was very disappointed with the quality of the components. The gun was typical Armalite AR 10A carbine, but the scope and rings are very cheap chinese junk. The rings had pulled through the stud when he tightened them up on the picatinney rail and they came apart when he shot it the first time. Also, the rings are 30mm w/ a spacer for 1". The scope is not much better, some chinese brand named BEC. I have no confidence in this even if we get some decent rings. Speaking of that, does anyone have some decent 1" rings they want to let go of? Should have just bought a rifle and got the glass and rings separately. I feel like I got screwed, I thought I would have gotten a better deal from CDNN/Armalite.
8 years 5 months ago #46329

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic CDNN/Armalite are at it again

I've got a Burris PEPR 1 inch QD mount I can part with for $60 shipped.

Burris replaced the first one I had due to a broken latch, they have great warranty, no questions asked repair or replace. I lapped the rings and mounted a cheap Tasco scope for about 100 rounds from my P716 before I got replacement optics in 30mm. I have a set of basic rings in 1 inch but they might be too low. They are steel but don't seem to fit a 1913 rail slot real tight. I also have an extra 30mm Armalite mount if you go with different glass, they are some real good quality mounts, again this set is lapped already.
Hopefully the rifle itself will live up to ArmaLite standards, if not they will make it right.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 5 months ago #46330

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

I would be interested in both the Burris 1" rings and the Armalite 30mm. What would you take for both?
8 years 5 months ago #46331

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic CDNN/Armalite are at it again

Armalite built the rifle and distributed to FFLs like CDNN. CDNN chose the optics. CDNN is the party you should look to if you don't like the optics/mounts. I personally did not assign any value to any of the optics added by CDNN.
8 years 5 months ago #46332

You are right, CDNN offered to replace the rings. But they are not worth the effort and cost to ship them back. I can't see putting a $40 optic and $5 rings on an Armalite AR10. Seems sacrilege to me.
8 years 5 months ago #46333

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!