Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10 Barrel

• Thank you received: 0

AR10 Barrel was created by huntenthusiast

I'm doing a bottom up build and am starting to look at barrels. Has anyone read reviews or heard anything good or bad about barrels from JP Rifles? I was looking at their 22". The rifle is being built for long range shooting but I didn't want to go with 24" because it'll likely have a brake. Any suggestions?

Jim
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by huntenthusiast.
13 years 7 months ago #5109

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by silver78 on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

Never used JP - but they have a good reputation. I have bought some parts from Noveske - they have a similar barrel. Also good quality.

But if I was going to build a 22 incher today, I would contact MSH and have him fix me up with a nice stainless Lilja with an extended gas system. More velocity plus less wear - a real win-win. Then I would buy a 15 inch SWS free float tube to cover it. As of today, Art has them in stock.

Now - where is MSH hiding? He has not logged in here for a couple of weeks.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by silver78.
13 years 7 months ago #5140

Replied by GONIF on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

Check Mike Rock ,they make some great barrels .
www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&...lEt_lkBHkqUYdw8XTexg
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by GONIF.
13 years 7 months ago #5142

Replied by huntenthusiast on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

Are there any performance differences between the three(Lilja) and five or six groove barrels?
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by huntenthusiast.
13 years 7 months ago #5147

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

MMSSHH is definetely the man to get the barrels from,I hope He is OK.
What am I talking about,I havent signed in for a verrrry long time too also tooo.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by MrMarty51.
13 years 7 months ago #5153

Replied by Redneck_Riot on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

another vote for Mike at Rock Creek damn fine steel, cut rifled quality look at the 5R
13 years 7 months ago #5189

Replied by rcking on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

I wanted to let everyone know that I ran in to MSH recently and he has decided to drop the website because of Armalite's influence.The owner of this site is still pandering to Armalite and free speech is tightly controlled here.There are to many Armalite employees trying to control what is being said and the quality of discussion has decreased.The older members are leaving the website as a result of the issues previously stated.The next economic collapse is coming with Armalite building a new facility (above water this time)the prices will rise as they try to stay afloat.That monster DPMS and Remington is going to suck them up,the other websites are talking about it now.Colt lost it's "M4" trade mark because it's the style and industry standard.Armalite fits that same model with "AR-10" because of the large frame.MSH is doing well with more students in class than ever.He said he and Lilja have more barrel work than ever.AR-10 is also to generic of a trade mark.Armalite is a sitting duck! ;)
13 years 7 months ago #5230

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

WOW!!!!!!!
I had tried to contact MSH through the PM of this site but never did receive a answer back,I thought that maby He was just on vacation or something,I had checked His posts and replies to His posts and it did`nt seem that He was offended by a troll or someone that may have hurt His feelings so I guess it is good to know that He is still alive and doing well,Dang!!!!,sure going to miss His wisdom and knowlege over here.
I guess I do`nt know about the pandering and free speech thing cause I always say or talk about whatever it is that is on Mine mind relevant to the subject at hand and if an admin does`nt like what I have to say or inhibits My freedom of speech{within the guidelines and rules of the website}Then I am outa there and SO FAR I have notseen any of that but possibily MSH has as He was the onsite go to man of this forum.
Guess I`ll do some more digging and see whutz up. :blink: :laugh:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
13 years 7 months ago #5231

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

Very sad to hear about MSH leaving. I understand and agree with his decision. I have been offended over and over by a manufactuer (ARMALITE) coming into this forum and trying to control the discussion and dictate what we say. I had grave misgiving about them ever being allowed in, when you let one company in, of course they will try to control the discussion in favor of their products, leaving the integrity of the site in question, not to mention the offensiveness and arrogance of trying to control what we say. The irony is, no one ever really slammed them here, any more than any other manufactuer, they make a quality product and get far more compliments than criticisms, but apparently they can't tolerate any criticism or mislabeling. Smacks of deperation to me. It's true they are in a losing battle with the bigger conglomerates, but this knee jerk reaction only highlights their foolishness. Rather than take such grave offense when someone refers to their non-armalite product as an AR10, they ought to be proud that their original product has reached a status when it becomes THE generic description for these guns. Much like aspirin is generic for many other brands of painkillers and Qtips for ear swabs. The site is much less for MSH's loss and my DPMS if forever an "AR10" to me, Armalite can go to hell.
13 years 6 months ago #5232

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:AR10 Barrel

S.O.B.

Since our leader won't jump in on this, I guess it falls to me...and it PO me big time....
Where to start...first off, MSH left for personal reasons...he is still a member but no longer a MOD...he broke the rules and lost his MODship...but is still welcome...
As for FREEDOM OF SPEECH....our constitution guarantees that and we uphold that right here...AM I CLEAR ON THAT..
As for this constant bickering on this site about Names of rifles..well as I have said...The other rifles are AR-10 variants..
LET US ALL REMEMBER WHO INVENTED THE AR RIFLE IN THE FIRST PLACE..
Eugene Stoner..and yes it was under ArmaLite, at that time a division of Fair Child...but that was long before Mark Westrom took over ArmaLite and made it what it is today...
Also...as for the Mega Corps with the other rifles...well I work for one..NOT ARMALITE...but a company that is bent on owning the world..so I know about what a large corporation can do...Hell Cerberus put Marlin under...and was going after Winchester last I heard...so What chance does one man and his company have against that...very little except for the people that believe in the product and the name...As I do...I don't care about who what or why anyone has a rifle...as long as it is black (or tan..LOL) and does what it is supposed to...that is enough for me to call them BROTHER...OF THE BLACK RIFLE...I think all this POLITICAL BS is getting out of hand...
Other brands have always been welcome here, and until MLOTZ Says other wise it will stay that way...
As for this ULTRA SENSITIVE approach on the TRADE MARK...Well some need to take a Zanax and chill out..
I firmly believe in the right to protect something if it is being taken or attacked, but as a proud ArmaLite owner...I have to say that I think that some peoples actions and words need to be curved...I do believe that things have gotten "nit picky" around here and the whole jumping on new members because they refer to their rifles as a AR-10 is just wrong...I have to agree with DPMS on the fact that it has become a "generic" term for the .308 platform...which in essence is flattery rather than a put down...ArmaLite should be "PROUD" of the fact that other rifles are referred to in this way...----dam hit the wrong button....sorry----
as I was saying...it saddens me to think that a Proud company such as ArmaLite has been forced into this battle over rifles and Cerberus is the one forcing all these issues...As for ArmaLite being the one to hold out against the Mega corp...hey I wish the all the luck against them...
Look at RRA if you want...their rifles are nice but try finding parts for them...as for being part of the generic world of "fits all rifles" well tell me if a chevy part will fit a Lamborghini.
I own two ArmaLites and wish I could own the third in my possession right now They make quality weapons and I like owning a part of history.....JUST REMEMBER THAT ALL THE OTHERS WERE FASHIONED AFTER THE FIRST AR-10...and that goes for the 15s as well...Is think that ArmaLite is trying to hang on to its independence and identity as hard as it can as not to become another head of the beast Cerberus....
I do agree that some people need to embrace that fact that the general public is going to refer to the .308 platforms as an AR-10 and not to be so defensive but revel in the admiration of the designation...as the saying goes...imitation is one of the highest forms of flattery.
I will add that I too was apprehensive about them when they first joined.. but Uncle ArmaLite has done some good things for members and keeps us informed of new things and deals...for one he is doing his job...on another note...I believe that he actually cares about what he is doing and that make him an honorable man in my book...
I will stand up for any new members that join that have the "other" rifles and help guide them the best I can...be rest assured of that..OR I WILL RESIGN AND BE GONE AS WELL...
end of rant and lessons....

BUILDING MY SASS....
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
13 years 6 months ago #5233

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!