Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

GII?

• Thank you received: 0

GII? was created by EmberMH

Hi everyone! Sooo I'll get right down to brass tacks. Sig 716 patrol v. DPMS GII moe v. other. Sig is heavier and more complicated w/ piston (simplicity is good). I haven't heard of any bugs in the GIIs, but I know they're new. Sigs are proven rifles. I'm looking for facts/references, not opinions. Thanks!
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by EmberMH. Reason: Didn't post all my question
9 years 5 months ago #42701

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic GII?

Welcome Ember. Someone should be along soon with something for you. My experience is to limited with either of these. Only thing I do have on the GII is the weight for better or worse I believe it is the lightest 308 on the market. It really matters more what your going to do with it. I can think of a couple instances where having a feather weight ar10 would be a huge deal. Let us know what you decide.
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Libertarian623.
9 years 5 months ago #42704

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic GII?

Can't help, havent shot either one. Both are interesting.
9 years 5 months ago #42739

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic GII?

I haven't shot either of them, but I can tell you there's a known issue with the Sig 716 that no DPMS has ever had: Carrier tilt. I don't know if they've addressed it, but it seems a lot of people have had problems with the rear of the bolt carrier impacting the lower receiver before entering the buffer tube. It's a pain, from what I've seen.

I hope that's helpful. Do some more research though, like on a dedicated Sig forum. The people hanging out there are more likely to know what the deal is right now.

Best of luck, and happy hunting. ;)
9 years 5 months ago #43086

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!