Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Magpul Handguards ???

• Thank you received: 26

Magpul Handguards ??? was created by GRA

I'm just about finished with my DPMS .308 carbine. The only thing I need is the hand guards. Supposedly this carbine barrel/barrel nut is supposedly designed to accept AR15 hand guards.

I tried a set go Magpul hand guards and could not get the first half on. The hand guard seemed too small to accommodate the barrel nut.

Before I go order a set of black carbine hand guards from DPMS, does anyone have any suggestions, and/or dealt with this problem before?

Thank You !!! :)
8 years 8 months ago #45619

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Magpul Handguards ???

I have not messed with magpul handguards myself and can't say I recall seeing any on a 308AR platform????
I've had the opposite problem putting a two piece KAC rail setup on my AR-10, had to trim the KAC to make it fit around the gas tube. Same deal with a KAC set I put on my nephews AR15, needed to trim them up a bit before they fit the groove.
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: GRA
8 years 8 months ago #45620

Replied by GRA on topic Magpul Handguards ???

Thanks JT for your response. To be honest I haven't seen any Magpul hand guards on a .308 neither.

I'm finding out that not only does Magpul not want to offer any mags for the 7.62x39 caliber AR platform, they also don't seem to be too interested in .308 platforms at all.

This hand guard is close but I don't know if the areas that appear to need trimming wold turn out to be too much being trimmed.

I spent a while researching and it appears the only round plastic hand guard I will be able to use is the DPMS "Glacier" set. I've found a few and I am thankful they are still available even though only in black.

So far everything checks out with this carbine. I'm jus now waiting on the hand guards and a Spikes Tactical flash suppressor which I just ordered from Joe Bob's. Thought I had one but it turned out to be for the 5.56 caliber.

What I am going to do is get this DPMS set in and get my calipers out and take some measurements and see what all I will have to do to make the Magpul work, it at all.
8 years 8 months ago #45621

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Magpul Handguards ???

The only Handguards that will fit between the .308 and 5.56 (AR10 AR15) in normally the Factory type Plastic ones... being that the Receivers are of different height...Example...The Factory ArmaLite (tapered) plastic handguards will fit either the AR10 or M15...but that is as far as it goes... If you want a specific type of handguard you need to order it for your exact type of rifle... I hope it helps....MI makes a Great Drop for the DPMS...
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
8 years 8 months ago #45647

Are you talking about Magpul Industries? I searched but I didn't find a model such as what you're talking about here. Please direct me to the right place. THANKS !!!
8 years 8 months ago #45648

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Magpul Handguards ???

Midwest Industries, always quality stuff and great customer service. If you have any questions about a product fitting your need just contact them.

www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?f...lay&category_ID=1207
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BUILDING MY SASS, GRA
8 years 8 months ago #45649

Thanks again for the assistance. The rail-type hand guards is what I've been trying to avoid using if at all possible.

I prefer the plastic hand guards if I can find the right set.

I got the Glacier set in and I have one piece mounted but the other piece will only go on about 98%. There's some sort of interference in the Delta ring with getting it to finally set all the way. I'm most likely going to have to grind a little to get it to work. These are DPMS factory hand guards that are supposed to fit their AP4 profile carbine barrels.

I'll hopefully get around to that this evening. I"ll let Y'all know if it turned out to be an easy fix.

Thanks again. :thumbs:
8 years 8 months ago #45650

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Magpul Handguards ???

JT posted what I was talking about....
Thanks JT....
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
8 years 8 months ago #45653

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!