Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Tweek your Technique

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Tweek your Technique

:I-agree: :nicethread:
Good stuff Lizzie, Lib and JT. Moderators: how about a permanent section: "Tweak your shooting technique". Include mechanical accuracy improvements like Lizzie suggests?
Subconciously I have used the moving technique, especially in cold weather where you have to deal with shivering, extra layers of unfamiliar clothes, etc. etc., or too much coffee. It is nice to have someone describe an organized technique to take advantage of it.
9 years 5 months ago #43108

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Tweek your Technique

I was speaking specifically to the differences between shooting prone with a semi vs bolt. And just trying to quantify what the differences where and how to mitigate. I think there is still something missing from the equation. I watched a harmonics video this morning and am still sorting that out.
I did come across a good offhand tutorial here
9 years 5 months ago #43110

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic Tweek your Technique

I know what you're saying Libertarian.

Even in prone and sitting I find the idea of "leaning in" to be useful. I wonder if it isn't similar to what you were saying about loading the bipod. I never use a bipod, so I'm not sure.
9 years 5 months ago #43113

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Tweek your Technique

I get Libs loading the bipod and it works. Along with your body at the back end of the rifle, it makes for a three point "tripod" to secure your rifle in a relatively unmovable position. What I need to do is take my bipod off, carefully adjust my sling, and start practicing my off hand shooting such as found in the video above. No better way to bring home that good technique means accurate shots.
9 years 5 months ago #43114

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Tweek your Technique

Lizzy- I see leaning in the same as loading, as long as it is done in a passive manor ( reducing muscle tension to zero). Even while kneeling it is desireable if it reduces muscle tension.
Jt I also came across a gunsite offhand video that prescribes a more combat appropriate technique here..
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 5 months ago #43115

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!