Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

• Thank you received: 4

Newbie was created by MarkM

:wave: Hello,
Obviously I'm one of the new ones here, a little like joining a frat house. I live in Salem NH with my wife. She doesn't mind most things I do. Even guns. Right now I just go to my local range and squeeze off some .45 rounds with my "Colt Government". Awesome piece of stainless, we owe gratitude to Browning for that among other game changer guns. This brings us to today.

Since 2 yrs. ago I've been looking to get an AR clone looking at every mfg. All the options, all configurations, the pluses and minus' and cost. Waste of time. Armalite kept pulling me back and one by one AR copies fell off the cliff. My excuses went away with my friends' warnings.

Doing all this my seem familiar to some. All I did was look at what my "needs" were and they were covered by Armalite. What wasn't available, I looked at some mfr. and they finished my parts list.

Hence in the next couple of mo. I'll buy everything and wait for Armalite to get my order filled this year.:silly: I saw some rifles and carbines that were close to what I was looking for, but they sold out/discontinued quickly. My rifle will be the "Def10" .308 with a 20" Match grade stainless barrel swap, a Midwest Industries 15" handguard with a low profile adjustable gas block(.750) to clear the handguard, (Please give your opinion or advice) green 532nm laser, streamlight rail light and bipod. Eventually I'll build another with gas piston system.

Well that's about all the long winded stuff I'll tell you. Thanks, and the subscription may be on it's way. I just need my wife to loosen the purse strings. (he,he)

Thanks again Sincerely,
Mark Mullett
8 years 11 months ago #44786

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Newbie

Welcome Mark :welcome:

I think your taking a good approach using the DEF 10 as a starting point. Lots of value there. I've watched the take-off barrels get $150 - $200 on ebay, usually enough to finance a good rail and MI makes good stuff for sure.
What barrel maker are you going to use?
Look forward to hearing about your progress :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 11 months ago #44787

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by MarkM on topic Newbie

Armalite has a 20" Match grade Stainless (416r?) with gas block, (might be too big for MI handguard hence the .750 low profile type)and gas tube for $500. I'll try to find it cheaper elsewhere. I've looked at Bartlein and Pac-Nor and they range from $400-600. Thanks for the tip of $150 for the take-off barrel.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by MarkM.
8 years 11 months ago #44794

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Newbie

Welcome MarkM you will like your Armalite, they make quality stuff. I have 2, A rifle and carbine, love them both. Look forward to hearing about your journeyin AR10 land.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MarkM
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Siscowet.
8 years 11 months ago #44810

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!