Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

Federal MK319 130 grain results

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Darkhorse_Tactical on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

It will be cool to see that :thumbs:
8 years 10 months ago #45199

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

57.5 grains of copper slug left after traveling through 3 half gallon milk jugs, 1 large windex bottle and ending up in a large fabric softener jug at 100 yards. It traveled very straight through the jugs leaving a dent on the back side of the last jug. There were two small chunks of jacket in the windex jug and no trace of the lead, I'm thinking it dispersed when the first jug got turned inside out.
It seems to be getting better in my AR-10, I cleaned up all the old copper in the bore for a fresh start this time. 6 five round groups from my AR-10 had an average of a bit over 1.5 MOA at 100 yards. If I throw out my standard flyer from each group it would be an easy 1 MOA round.
My Son has had three dogs killed by a Cougar since March, I'm hoping this pill will be the medicine needed to solve the issue!

LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMarty51, Lizardette
8 years 10 months ago #45326

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

What state were the cougar kills in, Iowa? Good luck with that.
8 years 10 months ago #45328

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

Yep, west central Iowa. They are not supposed to be here. DNR says they just pass through but this one is leaving track on a regular basis in a fairly small area, 4-5 square miles. It's wooded and very hilly so the youngsters are going to do the hunting. Nobody here has firsthand experience with cougars so it will be a learning experience for all.
We are about 20 miles north east of the town of Harlan mentioned in this article;
file:///C:/Users/Public/Pictures/Sample%20Pictures/mountain_lion.pdf

For now there are no restrictions on shooting them, very few in the area want them around.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #45332

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Darkhorse_Tactical on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

Interesting results! Guess I wouldn't have expected the jacket to keep traveling through while the lead went elsewhere. Sounds like you got good accuracy results too. Thanks for the share!
8 years 9 months ago #45373

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Federal MK319 130 grain results

Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks has`nt been around that area have they ? :busted:
With all of this "reintroduction" stuff going on, any thing is possible.
We now have black bears and elk in Our area, something the sierra club has been wanting to get done for years. A Grizzly was killed about 20 miles to the west of here, hit by a car or truck on the interstate. I asked one of the F&G people about that and, He seemed to have to get in a hurry, had other places to go.
We see these F&G vehicles, pulling trailers with the sides all boarded up, I always wonder what they are hauling into the area now. :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
8 years 9 months ago #45405

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!