Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SMK 168 gr/ RE-15 data.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by stormytexas on topic SMK 168 gr/ RE-15 data.

Just ran a ladder test with a Ruger Precision Rifle in .308. At 100 yards, the clear winner was the 168 SMK pushed by 42.0 grains for RE-15 lit with a Federal LR Match primer in a Federal case. Trimmed to recommended lenth and seated at recommended OAL as shown in the latest Sierra loading manual. Was sub MOA on a windy day. Scope was only a 12X, so sighting was problematic. Will next be shooting that load in an AR-10T topped with a Falcon 5.5-25X scope. On a side note, had pretty good results using same bullet in Winchester brass with Winchester primers and 42.5 grains of Varget.
7 years 1 month ago #47875

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic SMK 168 gr/ RE-15 data.

That is a great load. It just shoots and shoots and shoots, never leaving the black ring. I have 200 of those loaded up as well. I am tinkering with my 175 gr,SMK load, but my 168 is set at that.
7 years 1 month ago #47880

Replied by Nehlen on topic SMK 168 gr/ RE-15 data.

I’m new to the site and have a question maybe someone could help with. I uav a new Armalite super sass with a 1:11 1/4 twist and have varget and 168grain TMK. I was wondering whether it’s a heavy enough bullet and if so, looking for a good load. Thanks guys!
5 years 11 months ago #48027

• Thank you received: 9

Replied by GGaskill on topic SMK 168 gr/ RE-15 data.

I have to ask "heavy enough" for what? It should be fine for use out to 600 yards but it becomes unstable around 800. If you want 1000 yard performance, go with the 175 grain SMK.

Your twist rate may be marginal for the 175. I would email Armalite and ask.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by GGaskill.
5 years 11 months ago #48028

Replied by Nehlen on topic SMK 168 gr/ RE-15 data.

Ok good deal sir thank you. Appreciate the input.
5 years 11 months ago #48029

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!