Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

• Thank you received: 556

Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review was created by jtallen83

Just got the Bushnell Tact. Elite 1-6.5x24 scope in the mail today. Found it on ebay for $755 shipped from sportsmanssupply2. I picked model ET1624SJ. It is second focal plane with there BTR-2 mil dot reticle. here is a link to the Bushnell page;

www.bushnell.com/all-products/rifle-scop...lluminated-btr-1-sfp

The mount is still on the way so I'll start with some pics and my first impressions.

I couldn't seem to get a decent picture of the reticle but it is crisper than the eotech's I've used and really doesn't look as busy as I expected from the picture on the website. The zoom dial has some pretty good traction with several knobs around it and it turns nice and smooth but firm. The illumination has a nice wide range of adjustments with two being for night vision use. It is as clear and as good at gathering light as any scope I've used but then I've never looked through the real top tier optics. I really don't feel I need any better in this regard. The turret covers thread on and off easy and have a nice heavy feel to them.
Some questionable things I've noticed is one, a lack of information in the manual. There are 14 pages in English and they apply to the entire Elite tactical line so only a few pages are of any real use. They have some more detailed info on the website but for the money a guy shouldn't have to squint at a tiny manual or run the printer. I'm a little concerned about the adjustable zero set on the turrets. When in the down or adjustment position they are firm with nice crisp, definite clicks. When you pull them up to set the turret back to zero the knob feels real flimsy. It may be stronger than it feels but I wont mess around much without the turret covers on.
With the lifetime warranty I guess I shouldn't worry much but I hate sending things in for work and I know from experience that Bushnell charges a $10 shipping fee for warranty work.
I'll post a few more pictures and comments when I get it mounted and have some groups to show as well as add some photos on my profile page.
Can't wait to get a zero on it and see what I can do :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by jtallen83.
9 years 11 months ago #37515

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I almost forgot one con, I'd rather see Made In USA on it but I guess Japan does make some good optics now so maybe it's a neutral..... at least it isn't from a $1 an hour country....
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 11 months ago #37517

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Wow that is nice JT. I am interested in the range report. Man those turrents look awesome.
9 years 11 months ago #37519

Now I just have to learn how to use them! :laugh:
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 11 months ago #37522

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Nice find JT.
9 years 11 months ago #37527

No love this weekend :( The Armalite 30mm high mount will not work. I tried to set it up tonight and realized I had two issues, lack of eye relief and the "high" mount is not high enough to clear the back up rear iron even when it is folded down. Looks like I'm going to have to spring for the LaRue or the ADM mounts that put the scope further forward. it might still work on my AR-10 but I was hoping I could use it on both the 10 and the PM400.
Should have waited for the scope to arrive before buying the mount :banghead:
I guess I have an excuse to buy another 30mm scope, and then I'll need a rifle for it......
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 11 months ago #37802

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

What's the eye relief of the scope?
RLTW
9 years 11 months ago #37826

3 3/4 inches eye releif, I found one from Primary Arms that may work;

www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-Deluxe-...unt-p/padlxsmext.htm

I can get three of these for one ADM or LaRue and the reviews are all good. I've known others that bought magnifier mounts for eotechs and thay looked good......
Plus I can get one before next weekend!
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 11 months ago #37828

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

I'd say go for it. If it doesn't work out, then you're only out $60 or so.
RLTW
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 11 months ago #37834

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Bushnell Elite Tactical 1-6.5x24 Scope Review

Check out the Burris AR-PEPR mount.
9 years 11 months ago #37835

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!