Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

Sisco- I actually have a full length quad rail that goes out to the gas block. This gave me a long enough site radius to be effective. I have been very happy with mine. I consider thme a minimum, can'T DO WITHOUT.
9 years 5 months ago #42806

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

UWell, I got my 45 degree offset BUIS, I ordered two of the YHM low profile gas block adapters to use with them,and they got lost in the mail! According to the UPS tracking number, they are sitting in a post office in Palentine Ill for some reason with no way of contacting the post office. We will see when they turn up I guess.
9 years 5 months ago #43076

Finally got my YHM adapters after being rerouted all over the country by the UPSP and UPS. To be honest, partly my fault. The adapters go onto the rail of the low profile gas block quite easily and tighten with a hex key. My offset BUIS slipped on quite easily as well. The sight ends up sitting ahead of the gas block. Good news: A slightly longer sighting plane. Bad News: Under real world use, I can see webbing, straps, branches, etc. slipping into th gap between the front of the sight and the barrel and causing all sorts of hang ups. May not be a problem, we will see. But for $45 dollars versus the price of a new free floating front rail, it gives me a set of easily usable BUIS. Will report more after I get a range visit with it. The addition of the 45 degree offset BUIS definitely makes this rifle take up more safe space.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 4 months ago #43529

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Buis Rapid Transition Sites 45 degree offset

It does look like it hangs out there a bit, looking forward to hearing your thoughts after a few rounds.
LIBERTY FIRST!
9 years 4 months ago #43533

I slid the adapter back to flush with the front of the handguard. It looks much better. I also put the second one on my AR10 rifle. I cannot believe how handy they are, and how fast target acquisition is with them. Next stop, the range.
Last edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Siscowet.
9 years 4 months ago #43566

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!