Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

IMI 5.56 Ammo Warning, BLOWN PRIMERS

• Thank you received: 556

IMI 5.56 Ammo Warning, BLOWN PRIMERS was created by jtallen83

I recently bought some IMI M193 5.56 55 gr. from Midway on their father's day sale and just had the chance to shoot some this last weekend. Averaged a blown primer every third to fourth round. Tried it in two different rifles that have both fired around a thousand rounds of 5.56 from 55 to 77 grain from several manufactures without issue. Took a couple hours to get all the primers out of the FCG's and barrel extensions on both rifles. Contacted Midway and they told me due to DOT regulations they could not accept a return on this ammo and gave me a link to the IMI website, so much for standing by what you sell and being honest with the customer! Now I'm sitting with several boxes of ammo I can't safely shoot and a NIB bolt with the finish eroded off. Thanks Midway.......
The reply;
Dear Jim,

Thank you for your email regarding the 5.56 IMI ammunition. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. Due to ammunition being DOT Regulated, we are unable to accept any returns. We ask that you please contact IMI at Home - IMI Systems .
Home - IMI Systems
Home - IMI Systems
IMI Systems (formerly Israel Military Industries) is a defense systems house specializing in the development of combat-proven solutions for land, air, naval and HLS ...

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Rebecca
MidwayUSA Customer Service
LIBERTY FIRST!
6 years 8 months ago #47934

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jtallen83 on topic IMI 5.56 Ammo Warning, BLOWN PRIMERS

Just got an email from a representative of IMI, this was not connected to Midway but contacting IMI from a google search;

Dear Mr. Allen,

My friends at IMI Systems of Israel referred your complaint to me. I have worked with IMI for many years and manage their US customer relations.

If you will send me the ammo you have remaining, along with a copy of your original purchase receipt, I will either refund you for the full amount of the purchase or replace the M193 with ammo from a different production lot. The choice is yours. I will also send you a check to cover the cost of shipping the ammo to:

Phoenix Defense Group

3013 Old Orchard Lane

Parrish, FL 34219

We apologize for the problems you experienced.

Sincere regards,

Mike

L Michael Swingley

Phoenix Defense Group, LLC

+1-727-455-0761
LIBERTY FIRST!
6 years 8 months ago #47935

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic IMI 5.56 Ammo Warning, BLOWN PRIMERS

JT- thanks for the heads up on the IMI Ammo. Glad you got some resolution from the IMI people. Man it really did a number on your bolt.
6 years 8 months ago #47938

So after telling me I was out of luck 5 times in emails Midway sent this one;
Dear Jim,

Thank you for your review regarding the IMI Ammunition. I am very sorry for the delay in our response, however because this ammunition did not live up to our standards I have issued a refund for the purchase price to your account in store credit. Please feel free to give us a call at the number below if you need further assistance.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST. You may also email us atcustomerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Chris

MidwayUSA Customer Service

better late than never I guess.
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by jtallen83.
6 years 8 months ago #47941

IMI has replaced the entire order with a different lot and I got two boxes of the new 308 185 gr. FGMM from Midway, I'm ammo ahead at this point, better than money!
LIBERTY FIRST!
6 years 8 months ago #47942

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic IMI 5.56 Ammo Warning, BLOWN PRIMERS

Based on JT's experience I passed on some IMI 5.56 ammo at Cabela's last week.:I-agree:
6 years 7 months ago #47963

I haven't been able to get anyone to try the replacement they sent, it is in 20 round boxes instead of 30's.
LIBERTY FIRST!
6 years 7 months ago #47965

Ran 60 rounds of the replacement ammo this morning with no issues. No signs of pressure, no leaking around the primers, or movement in the primers. Just as accurate as LC and Federal 55 gr.
LIBERTY FIRST!
6 years 7 months ago #47967

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!