Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Are there any ASA .308 Owners out there?

• Thank you received: 0

Are there any ASA .308 Owners out there? was created by Negsor

I just purchased a 16" barreled ASA .308 and was wondering if there is anyone out there who has one as well? If so, I was wondering how you like it, what kind of accuracy do you get out of it, etc...
15 years 1 month ago #1174

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by tolson68 on topic Re:Are there any ASA .308 Owners out there?

I'm not an owner of one, but I have been thinking about it. Have you had yours out to the range yet?
15 years 3 weeks ago #1199

Replied by Negsor on topic Re:Are there any ASA .308 Owners out there?

No I have not yet shot it. I have to get some glass to put on it. I may just put an Aimpoint on it, but that won't show me the accuracy I am really interested in. I will post results as soon as I get a chance to get out to the range.
15 years 3 weeks ago #1203

Replied by Negsor on topic Re:Are there any ASA .308 Owners out there?

Okay, I finally got some glass for my ASA .308 and zeroed it. I ended up getting an IOR 2x-12x with mil illuminated reticle and mounted it using IORs rings. I love this scope and if you haven't tried any of IORs products, I recommend you give them a look.

I zeroed in five rounds. My best 100 yard group was right at 1/2" and I averaged right at 3/4 to 1". I continued firing at 100, 200 and 300 (that was the range limit) for a total of 80 rounds. It held to no more than 1 MOA at all distances. Better when I let the barrel cool off between groups. There were no malfunctions of any sort. It was absolutely reliable. I did learn that I shoot better off of my backpack than I do off of a bipod (Harris). The AR style .308 rifles seem more difficult to lock in tight with the bipod, unlike my bolt .308. All in all I am very happy with this rifle/scope combination and would highly recommend them.
14 years 10 months ago #1506

Negsor,

Glad to here you finally got some range time in. Sounds like you have a real shooter on your hands. I'm still up in the air on my decision. There are several new upper and lower MFG. coming to market and I may just build.

Good shooting by the way. I'm guessing she'll tighten up, even more, after you get the barrel broken in.
14 years 10 months ago #1508

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by Edge on topic Re:Are there any ASA .308 Owners out there?

Thanks for the report! Does it have the side charger? I've always wondered about these rifles. I've never seen one in person and don't know anyone who has one. I noticed that on their website, they "Guarantee" 1/2 MOA with their 24" model.
14 years 10 months ago #1512

What magazine do these use? Proprietary or maybe the Armalite or DPMS?
14 years 10 months ago #1513

I believe they are Armalite or modified M14 magazines
14 years 10 months ago #1514

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Are there any ASA .308 Owners out there?

I have to say that I haven't heard of this brand before, but I found a site that had one and I must say they look impressive. I like the side charging handle, I some time wish ArmaLite would adopt it on some version or model, it reminds me of the HK 91. Any way they looks nice

BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
14 years 10 months ago #1515

This thread is worthless with out pix! :-)
14 years 10 months ago #1516

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!