Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR10TAC20

• Thank you received: 0

AR10TAC20 was created by patrick85ed

I have several AR-15 rifles, one in 5.56 and one in 6.5 Grendel, and I have been doing some research on AR-10's because i would like to own one for varying reasons. I think this rifle provides the best "bang for the buck" but finding out any real world review information is proving to be difficult. Do any of you have any direct knowledge of this gun? This will be a hunting and target rifle primarily. Is this a good choice for a first timer in the AR-10 world for someone who is not blessed with lots of disposable income?
8 years 2 months ago #47243

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic AR10TAC20

That one would not be on my list for a 308 pattern AR that accepts PMags.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 2 months ago #47244

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by patrick85ed on topic AR10TAC20

Could you explain a bit more to educate me?
8 years 2 months ago #47247

The Armalite is question sells for right at $1750. The stock and rail that are installed are heavy and lack ergonomics and like like crap. For the price CMMG would be my pick.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 2 months ago #47248

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic AR10TAC20

Patrick, I would personally stick with Armalite, but take a look at either the "AR-10T" or the Standard AR-10 rifle. quite a bit less money and weight in both cases. You can always change out the Stock and Handguards at a later time, but the weight penalties that FAA Wrenchbndr mentions make a huge difference in the field.If you are hunting in mountains, think the smallest, lightest most compact AR10 you can get. The AR10 Defensive rifle is an excellent place to start. Are you really going to need or use those fancy stocks and rails? Tricking out a rifle is a popular pastime, and a lot of fun, but often it doesn't upgrade the rifle's capability much, if at all. It can, however, be an enjoyable hobby in itself.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Siscowet.
8 years 1 month ago #47253

I disagree.........heavy stocks and handguard so with poor features, adjustments and ergonomics are an utter waste of money. Get the rifle set up with quality parts, cheaper in the long run.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 1 month ago #47254

Actually don't disagree at all. What I am saying is that some people like to "accessorize" their AR as a hobby in itself, but really doesn't have any real world application. If your gonna use it, then have two rules for any thing added to the basic design. 1. Do I really need it? 2. Does it make it a better firearm for what my intended use is? A Super SASS is beautiful, but not after you have carried it for eight hours. A standard AR10 is 3-4 pounds lighter, and still very accurate. Have a good reason for any thing extra, and do your research which one is best in its class.
8 years 1 month ago #47255

I really wish there were a basic AR10 available from Armalite.
This would be the answer to many enthusiasts' wants
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Siscowet
8 years 1 month ago #47258

:I-agree:
I am not a big fan of current offerings. One of the best all around models they had, the AR10T carbine, they discontinued. Glad I got mine cheap when they did.
8 years 1 month ago #47259

That AR10T carbine was a steal of a deal just before they discontinued the model.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
8 years 1 month ago #47260

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!