Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

• Thank you received: 1

Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top was created by The Long Ranger

Just picked up my DPMS 308LR SASS to day and I need to know what height I need for rings or a one piece mount. Tube is 30mm and scope is 8-32x50mm. Do I need a Med or a High mount?? Also need picatinny tops on the top rings. Kinda new to AR10. Have numerous AR15s. There is no place in town to look at or try.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx.
13 years 9 months ago #4421

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

Tall
13 years 9 months ago #4423

Replied by The Long Ranger on topic Re:Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

Thank you Sir.
13 years 9 months ago #4424

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

Oh I will jump in on this.....

First off...Are you the same Lone Ranger from another site I know.. :huh: ;) :lol:

Well any way....I have a quick detach mount...that I found is great for being able to switch out or just for transport...
I am using the LaRue QD LT-135...it sets 1.93" to center of optic...
I think the one piece mounts are better but that is just my opinion...
Recently I have found another company that make a QD mount in the same height and style as the LT-135, and I have done some research on it but yet to acquire one, YET...LOL but I am working on it...
It is the American Defense mounts...as with the LaRue mounts the have interchangeable rings..meaning you can order a mount with 1" rings and then order 30mm rings down the road if you change tube size and visa verse....so you may check out either mount...but the major factor on what mount or rings to use is if you have BUIS and what height they are...
Either of the mounts I have suggested are high enough to clear most fold down sights...also check your scope bell on the scope as to how far off the rail you will be...that is a factor as to what BUIS you have or are going to buy....it all has to fit together..
I guess that is if you are going to add the BUIS....in the first place....here are the two I have suggested...

www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?f...play&category_id=340

stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=67

Not to toot my own horn...but if you want to check out how they look, the LaRue anyway, check out the article in the article section....that is the way I set mine up...
But it all comes down to what YOU want and Your personal preference..
I might add that the LaRue has a almost perfect return to zero when replaced back in the same spot and same way...and AD has told me that their mount will do the same....

Hope this has been some help....
BMS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by BUILDING MY SASS.
13 years 9 months ago #4428

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Al Mack on topic Re:Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

I found that high quick detach work great. You can take the scope of to put the rifle in the case, and it returns to zero. Hope this helps.
13 years 9 months ago #4429

Hi Karma6. Thank you for replying. No I am not the other Long Ranger. Looks like I will have to come up with another user name. Don't want to step on other person's toes. I was looking at Burris's P.E.P.R one piece mount with picatinny tops. But I do not know how high they are. Calling Burris today to find out. LaRue is nice but over priced I think. My stick came with Mangonel fold down battle sights. Trying to stay away from two piece mounts. But I might go with a QD for what ever I get.
13 years 9 months ago #4437

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by BUILDING MY SASS on topic Re:Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

LR...don't worry about the Name...was just wondering if you where him....and he is on a completely different site...so Keep it...
I am not familiar with those sights but as long as they fold down to .5" you should be ok...Not sure on the height either on the Burris..I know a few that have them on AR-15s...but on the .308 platform...I found it is better to be high up on your cheek weld being if to low...well to me it felt like getting smacked in the cheek bone...LOL...but that is me...
One note to think about, as we on this site have learned from personal experience or through others...beware of going cheap...you have a piece of equipment that warrants tough and high quality gear..so keep that in mind...believe me I know first hand...
just trying to help...

BUILDING MY SASS
It is better to have and not need, than need and not have.

If you think it is time to bury your guns, it is time to dig them up....

"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever...
13 years 9 months ago #4438

Replied by dpmsfulton on topic Re:Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

BMS, I have two American Defense Industries QD mounts, one for a nightforce, and one for a valdada. Love them. Really nice, can't say enough. Also, +1 on not going cheap. Like you, I unfortunately have that experience also.
13 years 9 months ago #4439

You are so right. I spent good money for what my research says is a high quality weapon. I waited almost two years after ordering this rifle and want the best quality accessories to go on it. I want the rifle to be able to out shoot me as to be able to push my self to be the very good shot I once was. I come from a family of natural shooters having little trouble to shoot anything at long distances with any weapon put in our hands. After Nam I turned down the govt several times not wanting to get into that game. I just enjoy shooting and being with good shooting friends. Cheap stuff gets cheap results. A Hathcock I'm not but darn close. The glass is going to sting but will be worth it. Looking at Night Force glass. A Schmit I think is over kill for a LR SHTF and target rig. Your input is most appreciated my friend. Thank you Sir. If you have served in our armed forces I thank you for your service.
13 years 9 months ago #4440

Replied by lotoofla on topic Re:Scope mount/rings for AR10SASS flat top

ArmaLite has a one piece 30mm mount that puts the scope at the same eye level as the iron sights.
Tom
13 years 9 months ago #4467

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!