Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

armalite 10 T carbine

• Thank you received: 1

armalite 10 T carbine was created by cb36

I just purchased an Armalite 10T Carbine and I am looking for any and all information I can get on this rifle. Loading information, best bipod, best factory ammo loads, Only Gen 2 proprietary mags can be used with this gun? Any information would be helpful
including other articles from other sites specifically on this carbine.
Thanks in advance for your help.
6 years 7 months ago #47968

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic armalite 10 T carbine

Bipod, I love my Atlas but depending on what you plan for the rifle a harris may suit you fine.
Is it an A or B model? B model use only the Gen 2 mags, A models will use about any DPMS style mag but some rifles prefer certain brands, Magpul P mag generally does the job.
This site is full of good info, just hit the search function.
LIBERTY FIRST!
6 years 7 months ago #47969

Replied by cb36 on topic armalite 10 T carbine

Thank you. I will research more shortly.
6 years 6 months ago #47970

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic armalite 10 T carbine

I use my AR10T carbine for hunting, so I use Hornady 165 gr sst, with IMR4895 44.5 grains( one grain below max load per Hornady's website). I use the IMR 4895 because it is versatile and I had stock piled a lot of it and use it for three different caliber rifles. There are better powders out there now. Since I hunt with it and therefore have to carry it some distance, I chose not to put a bipod on it, so save weight. Resting it on a fork in a tree or on a log seems to work about as well. For hunting, one only really needs 2 moa accuracy anyway, the bipod is not worth the extra weight.
6 years 6 months ago #47971

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic armalite 10 T carbine

I do use the BiPod for pictures that is!!! lol just have one can't afford one for every weapon. Weight is what it is and getting or being old pretty much everything is heavy, major concern the lighter means going further and staying out longer. At the range sand bags are provided free as many as you want! My carbine is still my go to gun for hunting and most everything else, it seems that all the rest their is something I always want to upgrade money eaters! Then take out the ArmaLite take a look and always think why its perfect the way it is.
Yea, spell check sorry I'll always spell it ArmaLite.
Welcome CB36 yep just search or ask think thru the years we have hit just about anything you can think of, its all here! Where did we put it looking you will get off track and learn and spend hours here it's an addiction. You always come back!
AKAI
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Akai.
6 years 6 months ago #47972

Thanks for the reply. I shot 173 grain military ammo last Monday in it M 852 at 100 yards. Three shot group at 3/8 of an inch all three holes touching. I measured furthest point to furthest point. I love this gun!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
6 years 6 months ago #47973

thanks for the reply.
6 years 6 months ago #47974

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic armalite 10 T carbine

Yep you got the real deal! Nice shooting, I have always said that it will shoot just as good as I can or better, and you have proved what it can do. We only have a 200yd. range here in Columbus,NE but I now have access to an 800yd. range I haven"t been to it yet but it is going to happen soon. I'll post up what the results are, I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas just can't hardly stand it.
Great to have you here, I've also been away for awhile as the site has gone thru some changes for the better and I've ventured into making my hobby a business. This is the place I'll always call home you won't find any better group of gun nuts with no drama, we just don't need it and the people that cause it don't hang around long.
Will you be hunting or shooting competition or just having fun? Well boss is home with pizza & beer and I'm hungry more latter!
AKAI
6 years 6 months ago #47975

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.Probably will use this rifle for fun on the range. I compete in the BR50 matches.I shoot a lot of different firearms and enjoy them all. Did you open a retail gun store? I try and reload during the week after work and shoot on Sunday primarily. It seems like the more there is to offer on the internet to read I realize how much that I do not know. Found a site recently called snipers hide.com. Lot of neat information on that site. Well we are getting ready for the storm in Florida. Have to wait to see what happens.
6 years 6 months ago #47976

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic armalite 10 T carbine

Congrats on the purchase I think an AR10T carbine is about the perfect all around 308AR type of firearm. Good luck and I hope you survived IRMA.
I took my bipod off my AR10T because it really took away from the general handiness of it. I moved it to my AR10 rifle, where it makes more sense. I don't experiment much with ammo. I shoot up 147-149 grain M-80 or M-80 wannabees then reload the brass with 165 -175 grain boat tails in Soft point for hunting, and hollow point for target shooting. Having that heavy barrel, even though it is only 16", makes a heck of a difference in distance accuracy, without taking too much of a weight penalty. I can never understand why Armalite discontinued this model.
6 years 6 months ago #47977

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!