Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

armalite 10 T carbine

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by cb36 on topic armalite 10 T carbine

Thanks for the reply. I shot 173 grain military ammo last Monday in it M 852 at 100 yards. Three shot group at 3/8 of an inch all three holes touching. I measured furthest point to furthest point. I love this gun!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
6 years 6 months ago #47973

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

thanks for the reply.
6 years 6 months ago #47974

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic armalite 10 T carbine

Yep you got the real deal! Nice shooting, I have always said that it will shoot just as good as I can or better, and you have proved what it can do. We only have a 200yd. range here in Columbus,NE but I now have access to an 800yd. range I haven"t been to it yet but it is going to happen soon. I'll post up what the results are, I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas just can't hardly stand it.
Great to have you here, I've also been away for awhile as the site has gone thru some changes for the better and I've ventured into making my hobby a business. This is the place I'll always call home you won't find any better group of gun nuts with no drama, we just don't need it and the people that cause it don't hang around long.
Will you be hunting or shooting competition or just having fun? Well boss is home with pizza & beer and I'm hungry more latter!
AKAI
6 years 6 months ago #47975

Sorry it took so long to get back to you.Probably will use this rifle for fun on the range. I compete in the BR50 matches.I shoot a lot of different firearms and enjoy them all. Did you open a retail gun store? I try and reload during the week after work and shoot on Sunday primarily. It seems like the more there is to offer on the internet to read I realize how much that I do not know. Found a site recently called snipers hide.com. Lot of neat information on that site. Well we are getting ready for the storm in Florida. Have to wait to see what happens.
6 years 6 months ago #47976

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic armalite 10 T carbine

Congrats on the purchase I think an AR10T carbine is about the perfect all around 308AR type of firearm. Good luck and I hope you survived IRMA.
I took my bipod off my AR10T because it really took away from the general handiness of it. I moved it to my AR10 rifle, where it makes more sense. I don't experiment much with ammo. I shoot up 147-149 grain M-80 or M-80 wannabees then reload the brass with 165 -175 grain boat tails in Soft point for hunting, and hollow point for target shooting. Having that heavy barrel, even though it is only 16", makes a heck of a difference in distance accuracy, without taking too much of a weight penalty. I can never understand why Armalite discontinued this model.
6 years 6 months ago #47977

I see you on many posts so thank you for responding. Have you had good luck with IMR 4895, IMR 4064 or IMR 3031? I am going to shoot this rifle with 168gr smk hpbt right now to build a load for it. Any suggestions? Do you use small base dies or regular dies for reloading this gun? Thanks.
6 years 6 months ago #47978

IMR 4895 is an excellent powder, and if you go back on the reloading threads, many people on this forum use it. Personally I use RL 15 and Varget. I got a tremendous deal on a good supply of RL15 so that is my main 308 powder. Right now using 41.2 grains behind a 168 gr Sierra Match King BTHP. I always use small base dies as I have 3 auto 308s, so I need a fully sized case interchangeable between all three rifles. Generally stick with the small base dies for ARs.
6 years 6 months ago #47979

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic armalite 10 T carbine

I can vouch from experience, mostly bad experience, that you definitely want to use small base dies if you reload for more than one semiauto 308. If you don't, get ready for ammo that won't completely chamber and gets stuck in your gun. Also while I generally use IMR 4895, last week I got out some 168 grain Berger bullets, that I loaded 4 years ago with 41.9 grains Varget and shot a .7 inch 5 shot group out of my AR10T rifle(not carbine) using a bipod while sitting at the bench. Had I not pulled the last shot a little it would have been a half inch group. The 10- 35x nightforce scope helped. My carbine has a 2x-10x nightforce scope and no bipod and I have never been able to replicate that kind of shooting with it.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by foxhunter.
6 years 6 months ago #47980

Thanks for the info. Midway has SMK bullets, RCBS Small base dies, Hornady match brass cases on sale right now with free freight.Probably order them tonight. This past weekend I used IMI match brass cases new with 168 grain smk bullets IMR 4064 and 4895 powders.Best luck I had was with 4895 41 grains a .75 three shot group and should have been better with 1 shot I think I flenched slightly. {100 yards} The NM trigger is cool in this carbine. Also not owning a gas gun in .308 before I was amazed how bad the cases get banged up after 1 time. I have 8 or 9 boxes of Match M852 military ammo and it shoots well in this gun. Too bad we cannot buy it . I am going to try the Berger bullets and the Varget powder to see how my carbine likes it.Thanks for the help.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by cb36. Reason: misspelled a word
6 years 6 months ago #47981

Mine doesn't really bang them up too badly, and neither does my AR10 rifle. That might change for you with break in. I got some cheap ZQ1 Turkish M80 ammo and shot that up for the fact the cases are really good and it was cheaper than buying brass! I picked up a pound of Varget and am going to try it behind some 175 gr SMK bullets when I get a chance. Finally running out of RL 15! Fox Hunter, good to hear from you.
6 years 6 months ago #47982

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!