Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Welcome! Please take a minute to introduce yourself.

AR 10/DPMS Bolt CAD drawings need dim for cam pin and hole

• Thank you received: 0

AR 10/DPMS Bolt CAD drawings need dim for cam pin and hole was created by Cuda55

I am looking to see if there is a standard dimension for the bolt of the AR 10/DPMS .308 Win. I believe that the 2 pins that I have are quite sloppy. One is .004 under size and the other is .007 under size. I've contacted both manufactures of the bolts and both claim that there is not a real standard on the bolts for dimensions. The two bolts that I have both have the same bore dimension for the Cam Pin (.3755) and I have two different cam pins with different dimensions, .3715 and .3685 giving me a clearance of .004 and .007 for the pins. I did get a fit clearance from the JP Enterprises of .0015 to .0035.. The reason for my concern is this cam pin is special for the side charger unit and their target is .3685 - .3695 and their pin is in spec. When I challenged the tech he again claimed that they are in spec and said that there are no real standards on bolt dimensions.... I explained my concerns that the pin is chucking in the bolt and leaving marks on the pin that you can detect visually and with your finger nail. I realize I can get the pin coated but I would really Like to get the drawings to further my understanding and what I need to do.
5 years 9 months ago #48033

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic AR 10/DPMS Bolt CAD drawings need dim for cam pin and hole

There is no standard for the large frame AR's. Get your stuff from reputable sources, JP and Fulton Armory are a couple of the best. Armalite is top notch but then if you are running a LR308 then that might not be an option, best to keep everything from one maker.
LIBERTY FIRST!
5 years 9 months ago #48036

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!