Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

• Thank you received: 556

SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!! was created by jtallen83

Look what followed me home from a gun show today :woohoo: ;

Yep, it's a pistol! I've been so happy with my PM400 I decided to step it up a notch or so. I've been pestering all the local dealers for a price on the new ArmaLite pistols but couldn't even get a possible date when they would have a firm price let alone actually get one so I decided to try a piston gun.
My first impression is that I'm impressed. The fit and finish is great for an AR rifle. The Phase 5 buffer tube is different than my PM400 and a welcome addition. The spacer puts the "brace" in exactly the right position for me. Coincidentally the LOP needed to fit my arm is the same for my shoulder, not that I would ever fire the weapon from my shoulder and risk creating an instant SBR :whistle:
The ambi safety and mag release are a big plus as well.
The biggest downside I see so far is the VERY crappy trigger, designed by a lawyer for sure with what feels like 10 pound pull. It has major creep and is extremely gritty all the way through. A Geiselle trigger will be the first upgrade for sure!
Looks like the suppressor bill will be left to die in the Iowa senate this year :censored: :banghead: :censored: :mad:
but if they ever do get it passed the 4 position gas block will allow for some real quiet shooting.
With a heavy schedule this weekend I won't get a chance to wring it out till the holiday so I'll report back then on what I find. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Akai
8 years 10 months ago #44958

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 57

Replied by JustMe on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

I was handling one of these today also. Nice. $1999 here.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by JustMe.
8 years 10 months ago #44959

Replied by jtallen83 on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

Subtract $300 at two different dealers around here. One of those was a first edition though, it didn't have all the features so not really a fair comparison. Still more than I had hoped to spend but a guy has to scratch those itches from time to time or going to work doesn't make sense!
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #44960

• Thank you received: 14

Replied by R6600DH on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

Nice J. T.! I look forward to the update.
8 years 10 months ago #44961

• Thank you received: 216

Replied by Libertarian623 on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

Freaking awesome JT. Rock -n- Rola brotha. I am looking at pistols also. My RRA 5.56 pistol has converted me. They are so utilitarian that you find yourself reaching for them almost automatically. I am looking at the RRA 458SOCOM. Trying to restrain the urge to order one now. I don't think I will hold out much longer. My son is taking up all my disposable income right now getting him ready for his life ahead. Are ammo budget is probably ranking us among third world countries right now. But soon very soon my precious.
8 years 10 months ago #44965

• Thank you received: 41

Replied by Charlie on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

$1786.00 at Bud's and listed as in stock, but they have more than 10 pages of Sig products, so I expect they're drop-shipped from somewhere. One of the 10A4BNMFs I ordered from them was shipped from Gun South, and I got it the next day. :-)

It seems odd that the trigger sucks so bad. The trigger on my P series pistols is really good.

When I decided to get my first AR-10 none of the dealers around here would admit to being able to get one, so I searched GunBroker, and that's how I found Bud's. I've been able to get everything I wanted from them except the Aug NATO. They don't seem to know that it exists!
"Yes officer, I know I smell like beer. I'm not drinking it, I'm wearing it!"
8 years 10 months ago #44967

I was always puzzled about this myself. I guess they are using Geissele on some DMR rifles but all the rest of their rifles seem to use the same crappy trigger. I love the trigger on my 226, go figure, must be a lawyer thing.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #44970

• Thank you received: 147

Replied by Akai on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

When my FFL comes back ya may have to come on over to NE to see how quiet it really is :nicethread:
AKAI
8 years 10 months ago #44971

One of the local shops with an indoor range is getting there class III and told me they would be renting suppressors there for trials. I'm gonna pass till I can actually own one.
I'm afraid I'll like it so much that I won't make good choices :pinch:
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 10 months ago #44973

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by MarkM on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

Congrats! We've been needing a nice little new legal loophole. The creativity will accelerate and hopefully always stay ahead of the laws. They have opened the floodgates. I heard this rifle (er, pistol)was the solution from a vet with unspecified injury incurred in Afghanistan.

I live about 20 min. from a Sig factory in Exeter, NH They on occasion have "open house" I think. I want to fire this thing whatever they call it.
8 years 10 months ago #44978

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!