Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

Got 60 rounds down the pipe for break-in today, the first thirty were shoot one and clean. It does have either a chrome lining or melonite but Sig doesn't seem to know which one so I thought I'd clean the copper out of the first bunch just to be safe, can't go backwards later.
Next 30 rounds are the target shown, iron sights at 50 yards with the last 5 of those being as fast as I could reasonably get the sight picture back.I cleaned every 5 rounds for the last 30.
She is a loud one but as far as recoil goes I didn't notice much difference from my AR-10.
The trigger actually started to smooth out a little, it still has a long way to go to be close to satisfactory though.
As far as not cleaning the bolt goes that is fantasy world. There is so much brass smeared everywhere on the bolt face, lugs, and around the chamber you'd swear it just went a thousand rounds! I'm hoping this will lessen as the round count builds. Carbon wise it is pretty clean.
Now to get the scope mounted, get those MK319 rounds in, and then stretch it out! :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 9 months ago #45046

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by Darkhorse_Tactical on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

F yes! Nice acquisition!! Bet the ppu 145 gr would also work well through this.
8 years 9 months ago #45049

I shot the cheap ZQ1 M80 clone from walamrt today but I'm thinking any ball ammo will work fine. I've got a BIG pile of Pakistani surplus and some Indian surplus(the good stuff, I researched the headstamps when I bought it) so I'm gonna blast some of that up soon. Gonna save my Radway Green and FN stuff for the Armalite.
I should have added that plugs and muffs are needed for sure! God I hope they get that suppressor bill passed soon!
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 9 months ago #45051

Ha! Yeah I bet that bad boy is loud!
8 years 9 months ago #45052

• Thank you received: 14

Replied by R6600DH on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

JT,
I hope that it's better than the Indian junk that I bought some time back. Throwing rocks would be more effective!
8 years 9 months ago #45053

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

Nice JT should do the job. Its a piston system then like the full size 716 I assume?
8 years 9 months ago #45054

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic SIG P716, Yep, It's A PISTOL !!!!!!!

The good Indian stuff is from the Mid 70's when Winchester built and managed their plant. The 80's stuff started to go downhill.
8 years 9 months ago #45055

Just finished up 50 rounds of the Indian stuff, 1975 head-stamp. It is more consistent than the new ZQ1 stuff. The Pakistani stuff worked fine as well, funny to think that these rounds would have been passing each other across the border a few decades ago........now they are here in America punching paper.
Yep, short stroke piston driven with a 4 position gas block.
Dad and my Granddaughter just shot 100 rounds. My grandaughter had a couple double feeds but once I got her to lean in hard and keep it firm to her shoulder....I mean on her wrist :whistle: there were no more issues.
here is her 50 yard target;

This thing is so much fun I want to get right back to the range, I'm putting a big dent in my stash pallet today ;)
good thing I only have one P-mag right now
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 9 months ago #45059

Nice! Looks like a great day!
8 years 9 months ago #45060

Just got back from zeroing the Aimpoint PRO I got from BMS on the P716. Sight worked out fine once I got on paper, stupid "pistol" is having failure to extracts though. jams up or just leaves the last round laying on the magazine. had the same issue with the Matrix build and an ArmaLite extractor spring fixed it so I might try that......

LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 5 months ago #46022

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!