Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

SOC's MKA-1919

• Thank you received: 111

SOC's MKA-1919 was created by SOC

Whats better than a semi-auto shotgun? A semi-auto shotgun that feels like an AR-10.

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 9 months ago #26232

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 175

Replied by Sharkey on topic SOC's MKA-1919

I like those but I'm still waiting for the design to age a bit and see how it goes. I've got my Benelli M4 for the time being which can stand up to most of the top production shotguns but still, the Akdal is a pretty cool piece.

I was looking a few weeks ago and I see some places have finally started selling 10 rd mags for em as well which was another issue I had since there were only 5 rounders available when I began checking them out.

Certainly nothing to be toyed with by any means but I'd still like to see some kind of real field testing other than just shooting enthusiasts doing reviews.

When the military starts messing with em and they build up a record like the M4 improves upon every day, then maybe but I'm not gonna throw coin for something I'm just wondering about.

I buy Benelli cuz I'm sure. I buy Armalite cuz I'm sure. Colt, Smith and Wesson, etc...

Akdal, probably a great piece but I won't know for quite some time. Great find though SOC... :thumbs:
10 years 9 months ago #26235

By the way, is that yours in the photo? If so - Yea man, we're gonna need a review for sure.... :)
10 years 9 months ago #26236

• Thank you received: 188

Replied by LebbenB on topic SOC's MKA-1919

Pics of the bolt/carrier and gas system would be nice, too.
RLTW
10 years 9 months ago #26237

Replied by SOC on topic SOC's MKA-1919

So far I've only put a few rounds of cheap birdshot through it but it cycled 100% so far and they are known to choke on low power ammo, so maybe I got lucky.

Normally you have to replace some gas system parts with aftermarket parts to get the low recoil and cheap stuff to work.

The gas system is more like an 1187 than anything else.

Handguards off bolt forward.

Bolt locked back

Stripped

Pic of bolt. You have to remove the buttpad and use a socket extension and allen adapter down the stock to remove the upper from the lower and pull the bolt. This is the best I can do for now.

I plan on heavily modifying it. There is an aftermarket lower that is aluminum and it will look something like this when I'm done, but with a SBS 14" barrel. Magpul UBR stock and MIAD grip.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83, Sharkey
10 years 9 months ago #26241

• Thank you received: 80

Replied by Lizardette on topic SOC's MKA-1919

I'd heard of these, but only ever seen one that was modified in any way. Basically the barrel, handguards, and gas system were just shortened. Those two you posted a photo of look pretty awesome though.

I once had a chance to buy a .410 shotgun upper for the AR15 (also of Turkish manufacture), as well as magazines, but passed on it. Just didn't see a use for it.

Definitely want a review of the one you've got though. ;)

Edit: Also, thanks for the pictures.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Lizardette.
10 years 9 months ago #26247

Is that a smooth bore?

With the flash suppressor, I'm guess you cannot change chokes or am I wrong? What is the pattern like the way it is choked from the factory?

Breakdown sounds like kind of a pain. Is it?

Thanks for bringing this in for us all SOC. I'm definitely interested in learning more about it... :thumbs:
10 years 9 months ago #26254

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic SOC's MKA-1919

Good stuff, want to hear how it performs...
10 years 9 months ago #26261

Replied by SOC on topic SOC's MKA-1919

Yes... Smooth bore.

No flash suppressor.

Comes with 3 chokes.

Haven't tested for pattern. What ammo would you like me to use for pattern testing?
10 years 9 months ago #26284

Any kind of buck is always good but that's of course a preference deal. I like the remington #1 buck for HD but also have a few hundred of the Rio double 00 hangin around here and there along with other stuff - you know how it is... :)

How is the accuracy with slugs? Does it have the AR style battle sights? That's gotta be nice with that thing.

Using Fed Truballs, I am hitting 7 out of 9 on a 10 inch target at a 100 yards (with several usually touching the bullseye) using a simple el cheapo reflex site and can do the same at 75 with the irons on my M4 from the bench - firing the full load with MAYBE 5 seconds between shots..

Unfortunately for me however I can't shoot buck at the range I use so I cannot tell you what my exact pattern is with buck so I just listen to what others with M4s get and figure in around that kind of "guessage"... I have an improved cylinder choke matched up to a Briley Door Breacher Compensator with "teeth" so it shoots pretty nice and we do skeet with it once in a while as well.

In a 15 foot blast-away argument with a shotgun, pattern and calculations aren't usually much of a concern and since that thing is choked anyway, I'm pretty sure it will all be relative...

How long is the barrel and how's the weight with a full ten round mag? It's gotta have a nice feel to it huh...
10 years 9 months ago #26286

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!