Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

• Thank you received: 171

Replied by 13fcolt on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

So far it's worked out really well. It is the cheapest construction tripod I could find, just under $40.00. It did need some tightening up but that was easy enough. Each leg has a 3" spike to stomp in the ground plus I got that ground screw and a ratchet strap to pull it down, from an eye bolt under the head. It does not take much pressure at all and it is as steady as it gets. I was originally using some 3/4" plywood bolted to the top with a strip screwed across the front to load the bipod against and used a sock for a rear bag. Makes for a compact shooting bench I leave in the back of the bronco, for under $100.

I went over budget when I bought this /http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n45OMGP3Ov0 but it was on sale and I found a $50 off code so it was $74ish instead of $150. I haven't had much chance to shoot it like this, I'm not quite satisfied with the way the adapters worked out to get from 5/8 thread on the tripod to the 3/8 thread on the PRP. Waiting until I can get out and shoot to do a full review.
ArmaLite Super SASS for sale W/ extras. PM for details.
10 years 10 months ago #24144

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Macky on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

Nice tripod for the price Colt! With the pod added, that looks to be a sweet setup.
10 years 10 months ago #24146

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

Cheap don't come good and good don't come cheap.

I bought a bipod the other day at Cabela's. They had a nice line up of them by different makers. Not ever owning a bipod I just pulled the boxes, opened them all up and inspected them. I compared fit, function, metal thickness, spring tension etc etc etc. The one I bought was about $60 bucks, not even close to the most expensive. However there was so little difference between them that I don't think anything drove the choice other than price. I am a former machinist, welder and metal fabricator, very little difference in quality.

That said the bipod is a ADJUNCT support system, if you depend upon it as your primary support and tool to obtain good shots at best it will only let you down...
10 years 10 months ago #24151

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by Macky on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

:I-agree:
10 years 10 months ago #24156

• Thank you received: 85

Replied by Dabu on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

I have one of these bipod grip whateveryoucallthem things. I grew attached to them during my 2nd deployment. Sometimes whenever I get bored I press the button and watch the spring loaded legs deploy just for fun.

They work well and I got mine for $25 at a gunshow.
10 years 10 months ago #24167

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

Got one of these myself, Like it, very good tool I feel...I know some of the bipods run well into the $000's of bucks. Saw one the other day for nearly $400. I can ONLY ASSUME that at that point in time it is an integral part of your shooting system and you are some guy whose idea of a long distance call it putting one in your ear from a mile away...
10 years 10 months ago #24168

• Thank you received: 111

Replied by SOC on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

I also have one of these on my MGI modular AR system.

It is now the only vertical grip I'll use.
10 years 10 months ago #24176

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Bipod Bipod Bipod, wait that's a Tripod..

Used one for a while,.........parted ways with it.
I rarely find a "multi use" tool or accessory worth a piss, do one thing, do it right.
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 10 months ago #24260

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!