Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

This is what I've been doing lately....

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic This is what I've been doing lately....

Be safe and be fast. Mighty impressive there Mag.
My cousin has a 2010{I thinking}, KTM Super Duke, 990, Just befoer the snow season struck us He finally got the break in mileage completed, He bought it froma guy that never did drive it. Well, He insisted that I take it for a drive, I was a bit reserved but I "FINALLY CAVEDEDED INNNN" and took it for a drive. Me being used to riding highway cruisers, but had had a lot of riding on the older faster motorccles, was very much impressed, an effortlessly fast machine and a hundred and ten was but a matter of not a lot of throttle and shifitng gears. Not really my style, for Mt type of riding, but a real fun machine to get to experience.
OH YEAH, back in the day, My cousin did a lot of flat track racing. I was helping Him to do some storage stuff in His garage, come acrost a box that was open, here is this funny looking thingk, almost like a shoe, I asks Him, Jay, what is this thing for and holds it up, He bagan to explain that it was a specially made shoe for flat tracking, His old leathers was in the box too, I shore tried talking Him into letting Me have that stuff, but no He was giving it to His grand son, wood a been a good collection fur duh garudge wall. :drool: :rotfl:
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by MrMarty51.
10 years 3 months ago #32390

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic This is what I've been doing lately....

I'll gladly jump out of a plane but there's no chance I'd try this! It is fun for me to watch though, go get'm! :twothumbs:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 3 months ago #32393

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic This is what I've been doing lately....

Thanks guys......
The 990 Duke is a really fine.. super good handling balanced motorcycle... It is also very track worthy.... I would like to have the SMT version for a sport touring bike.......
You know the greatest risks we take as street bike riders.... is riding in urban areas..... Honestly there is not a safer environment to ride in that at the track..... I practice and work my speed up to find the limits incrementally.... That way my mind can adjust to the speeds I carry and I can feel the sensations of the machine as it's being stressed....... I also spent time and money to set my machines up well and it makes a difference...
I'm going to ride Jennings for three days at the end of December... next weekend I guess... can't wait....
10 years 3 months ago #32908

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic This is what I've been doing lately....

As always my friend, keep the rubber side down :twothumbs:
The following user(s) said Thank You: magi
10 years 3 months ago #32918

If You are going to be running onboard camcorders, could You postum up a link fur us ???
I have been ridingk since I was thirteen, I was without a motorcicle for about three years, been through a lot, but, them three years without a motorcicle was the wurst years of My life.
Did I ever show anyone a pic or two of MY very furst motorcicle ???
My Dad bought this for Me in 1964, left My posession, got it back about five years ago. I had finally found it, restored it, and now it sits in storage except for when I feel like taking it for a cruise. I have pics before I started the restoration, they are ugleeee. :rotfl: :drool:

10 years 3 months ago #32958

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic This is what I've been doing lately....

Mr M, what kind of cycle?
10 years 3 months ago #32973

OH I apologize for not listing the unfurmashun.
1957 Harley Davidson, 125cc Model B Hummer. Two stroke engine.
Every nut and bolt is available for these, along with a lot of repop parts~N~Pieces.
There was a company building fenders for these, the curvature was`nt correct.
There is an Old Timer over in Eugene Oregon that has set up and has built the machinery and dies to reproduce the mufflers, completely like stock original, even with the removable cone baffle for cleaning and decarbonizing. He too has made the dies to build the fenders, right back to original measurements and specs.
Duane Taylor is the man, www.taylorclassiccycles.com/ I see His website is down for upgrades and repairs, suppose to be back online Oct. 2013 and still down. I am going to have to give that old dog a call and make sure He is OK, He`s one of My P.Dog shootin buds. He and His soninlaw from Wasilla flew out here one time and We did do in a "Couple" of dogs. :rotfl:
I will probable never again in My life meet an 84 Y.O. man that still is able to maintain His pilots license, He was still flying last year too, so I`d be guessing to put Him at about 87 or so. I do hope He is ok.
He is a retired Cardiologist. Every moring for breakfast He would have two eggs, a great big sausage patty and hashbrowns with gravy. :rotfl:
10 years 3 months ago #32981

May I add ??? A graet Big o`l "greasy" sausage patty.
Maybe He knows something We do`nt.
10 years 3 months ago #32982

• Thank you received: 62

Replied by magi on topic This is what I've been doing lately....

Very cool old bike..... I think it's great looking it looks like an old flat tracker..... I've only seen one and it's in town here..... In great shape too.....
I have a GoPro but I haven't used it yet..... maybe I will At this next event.... if I get some footage I'll post it....
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by magi.
10 years 3 months ago #32983

I emailed Duane and got a reply. I had talked to His soninlaw earlier today. Here is the answer I got in return.
I will email Him back and see if He will send Me some pics. of the Airplane. I can not remember the brand or model of it, I remember though that I was impressed with the low wing and the sliding canopy. FAAWRENCHEBENDER`LL prolly tell us more about it when I getum up a pic. or two.
I thought Duane was about 84 when He was here, He must have been eighty.

MARTIN:
Nice to hear from you.

No I have not stopped the cycle stuff. However, I dropped the Walnecks ad and decreased the web site to slow this monster down. It did as designed and decreased sales about 80% which is manageable and gives me time to work on my own bikes of which I have almost 60.
I decided that 84 was a good age to start getting a handle on all this stuff so my spouse won’t have to mess with it when I fall off a bar stool or trip in a P. Dog hole and do the last gasp.

Health is good, I work every day, work out at the gym 3X per week and enjoy what I do. This was my last year of flying after 35 years so the plane is up for sale. I enjoyed it, still qualify in all parameters

But it is time to hang it up and start riding the unicycle to Montana for the dog hunt. Maybe not.

I bought a 22-250 Ruger target rifle for last summer hunt.. Rolly reloads for me. What a blast see these dogs through a lazer scope and ---see ya later.

Rolly and I still go to Mt. and hunt on a ranch north of Great Falls. 2000 acres of PD. We both go for distance and accuracy and miss about 1 %. One shoots, the other spots with binoculars. A great time.
Time to go home and get ready to see a Grand daughter and her boyfriend for the evening.
Best wishes
Duane
10 years 3 months ago #32993

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!