Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

× Participate in designing the AR10T.com Ultimate AR-10 Rifle! Based solely on the members of this site. The UAR-10 will be a true reflection of the design concepts wanted by this community.

Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

• Thank you received: 529

Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win was created by OleCowboy

Not sure of the logic of the discontinue of the AR .243 upper. My guess is it did not sell, to which I answer, did you ever really market it?????

The .243 upper is a direct unaltered or modified fit on a AR 10, WOW 2 guns for little more than the price of 1.

I have been searching for a .243 upper, just missed on shot time ago, unfired, $450.

I call the .243 a Texas gun. I remember when back in the 50's the hoop la over it and to this day I have friends who deer hunt and are still using it.

Sidebar: running the specs on the .243 vs 5.56 and others and you come away with a NAGGING question. WHY did not the military look at this rd?????????

So the question is has anyone built a .243 upper using AR 10 parts? If so, what was the challenge? Seems to me all you need is the barrel to fit and perhaps the BCG????

HEY ArmaLite are you listening, knock knock, anyone there???????
9 years 1 month ago #44298

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1

Replied by port on topic Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

You only need the barrel, you can get one custom made from Black Hole Weaponry website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
9 years 1 month ago #44299

• Thank you received: 5

Replied by WES213 on topic Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

www.gunsamerica.com/936886444/ArmaLite-U...3-Upper-Assembly.htm yes they are still floating around but they were not in high demand and eat up barrels and beat up receivers due to the over pressure in the 243 round, damn near picked up one myself but in the end the 308 round is more common and gets most any job done that a 243 would do.
We go to war to fight terrorism and Communism then vote for a terrifying communist to lead us God help us all.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by WES213. Reason: adding to post.
9 years 1 month ago #44303

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

Thanks, but as always the same message: "THIS LISTING IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE OR HAS BEEN SOLD."

Don't get me wrong I love my .308, but for deer hunting in S Tx or Hog hunting the .243 is the answer. It becomes a 2 gun-1gun solution.

Interesting in that I have been looking for about a year and when one comes up for sale its gone, it does not go into overtime on the selling block. I have missed several, one by less than 1 hr and most are sold at the "buy now". I have also noticed that several other companies have come out with a .243 upper (DPMS) but of course it does not fit the AR.
9 years 1 month ago #44310

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

shot deer with both the 243 and the 308. the 243 rd usually ends up in the skin in pieces on the far side of a deer well shot. The 308 just goes through and keeps going. I know this because I shot a doe last year with the 308 and dropped the yearling buck standing next to her as well. Two with one shot is fun, but then I worry more about where that round is going. Maybe if I dropped the bullet wt down to 110 or 125 it would function more like the 243. I love the 243.
9 years 1 month ago #44311

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

Ten months ago CDNN was closing out 243 AR10's for $999. Ouch! Know it doesn't help much, but they had them for like three months.
9 years 1 month ago #44313

Replied by OleCowboy on topic Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

LOL story of my life...day late, dollar short.
9 years 1 month ago #44314

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by johnmcgowan on topic Can't buy it, then build it: AR10 +.243 Win

Correct, this is where I got mine from (CDNN), but I only wish I'd had gotten it for 999, mine was 1199, then 3 months later they dropped the price to 999. Oh well, but I got what I wanted.
9 years 1 month ago #44330

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!