Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

2008 Presidential Election

• Thank you received: 132

2008 Presidential Election was created by mlotziii

I'm worried about how the outcome of the 2008 presidential election is going to effect gun owners. I was happy that under the current president Congress allowed the Assault Weapons Ban (AWB ) to 'sunset.'

I really hope a new president does not resurrect the Assault Weapons Ban!
16 years 3 months ago #22

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:2008 Presidential Election

If you believe in God, which I do, A few prophecies have come out that the next pres. will be
a he and be a dem. But after getting into office he will turn to the Lord whole heartedly and
people will say, "what is this, we elected a dem. and he acts like a reb." These came out late
last year well before any Obama mania started. So I am hopeful.
16 years 2 months ago #29

• Thank you received: 67

Replied by foxhunter on topic Re:2008 Presidential Election

AMerican Hunter and Shooters Association(AHSA) has endorsed Obama. A quick look up on Wikipedia showed this organization to be an anti gun organization masquerading as a legitimate hunter/shooter organization. Just throwing this out in case any of you see it. I live in Illinois and he voted for and supported every anti gun bill that came up in this state while in the state legislature.
15 years 6 months ago #364

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:2008 Presidential Election

AHSA is definately a front group. Leftist activists are trying VERY hard to spin into the "hunter" community as if it had anything to do with the 2nd Amendment.
15 years 6 months ago #365

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:2008 Presidential Election

Well, we now have the answer to the question. Prepare for 4 to 8 years of anti-rights initiatives and rhetoric, especially focused on banning most modern rifles, including the AR-10 (and even the M1 Garand).

Any individuals who have been contemplating purchasing one, your time's about up I'll wager.

For those not familiar with Obama's record, a good source is here:
www.ontheissues.org/domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

There is a clear pattern of seeking as great a restriction of the right of the people to keep and bear arms as possible. Like many Democrats, he seems to have some confusion that hunting is in some way related to the 2nd Amendment. And while possibly sparing some six shooters and lever/bolt action rifles, let's face it, if this guy could wave a magic wand and get rid of civillian guns, I expect he'd do it.

I invite everyone to do your homework on the historical, legal and philosophical foundations that led to the writing of the country's 2nd amendment to the constitution, and be active in sensibly run national and local rights advocacy organizations. If we don't demand protection of this civil/human right, we may effectively lose it, even in spite of last year's narrow supreme court judgement.

Just my view.
15 years 6 months ago #437

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!