Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

AR Prices shot up!

• Thank you received: 0

AR Prices shot up! was created by rgramjet

Went into my local gun shop and asked to see the RRA LAR-15 they had on the wall. Guy handed it to me and told me it was $1800 with an Eotech and a sling. I looked at the hangtag which said $950 and asked "how much for just the rifle?" He said $1200.

I showed him the $950 hang tag and he nervously fed me some BS about that was the price for just the upper...whatever....not sure Ill be going back there.
15 years 6 months ago #458

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:AR Prices shot up!

Get used to it, the gun stores normally operate on a slim profit margin. Doesn't bother you to let
microsoft make 300 or 400% on their crap. This is their chance to make some money and they are
going to do it. Had a friend with a Mac store back when, A guy came in and asked for an imac, friend
told him 850, the guy said comp usa only gets 750 but they're out of them, My friend replied, I only
get 650 when I'm out.
15 years 6 months ago #462

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by AZMM on topic Re:AR Prices shot up!

Yep, the gun shops and gun show dealers will try to take advantage of the possibility of a future AWB even though its far down the road and may not happen at all. A lot of the new Democratic congress and senate will not be keen on alienating gun owners in their districts if they have any common sense along with knowledge of recent political history.

If a AWB does not come into play in the next 2 years I suspect we will be safe as the Republicans will probably fair much better during the next mid-term election.
15 years 6 months ago #468

• Thank you received: 132

Replied by mlotziii on topic Re:AR Prices shot up!

Well said!
15 years 6 months ago #475

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR Prices shot up!

AZMM
On the one hand it's quite possible the political ramification of a new AWB will give a Democrat majority pause before doing anything too drastic, on the other hand, they continue to repeat "assault weapons ban" and ban on "high capacity magazines".

Some I know have suggested, and it bears consideration, that O is unlikely to have much he can do in the way of new spending without tanking the economy, or balooning the debt even worse. The the few things they've promised that they CAN do is ban things, that's cheap. Once they abandon Iraq, they may be more willing to spend on the social programs.

Power is fleeting in Washington, and I'll wager they'll use their open window to the greatest extent possible. It will give them more barganing chips during the next Republican majority. "Oh you want to get rid of the AWB again? well, how bout a tax increase, or another social program in exchange?" that sort of thing.
15 years 6 months ago #486

Replied by bigwheel on topic Re:AR Prices shot up!

They didn't get rid of the AWB it sunseted is all. the next one may not have a sunset clause.
15 years 6 months ago #494

You know crux, I place the blame for the Demos victory squarely on the Republican Party power-brokers. They have allowed neoconservatives to run roughshod over the party for far too long with more or less liberals posing as conservatives running for office and catering to corporate interests at the expense of the American people at large.

Two years ago we had a real conservative running for congress in my district who strongly believed in the Constitution including the 2nd Amendment and also vehemently opposed amnesty for illegals. He was a shoo-in for election, but the Republican National Party refused to support him which translated into only local funding for his campaign. Meanwhile, the Democratic National Party funded his opponent fully and he ended up losing. At that time, I swore off ever voting for a Republican candidate again for national office. I'm not alone either and apparently many other Repubs like myself voted CP or Lib. this time around or just did not vote at all. My principles will not be placed aside just to vote for the lesser evil ever again.

If there is not a major housecleaning of the Repub Natl. Party I'm afraid we are going to be stuck with a majority Demo house and president for sometime to come. Maybe that's exactly what we need to awaken enough patriots into direct action against the federal government. Civil War II anyone?
15 years 6 months ago #495

bigwheel wrote:
Exactly and that reinforces my previous post about the Republican Party. They have been next to useless in defending the constitution in recent years. Something has to give on a major scale and probably drastically so or we are doomed as a free Republic.
15 years 6 months ago #497

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by crux on topic Re:AR Prices shot up!

I think it's fair to say that the Republican Party did not perform to promises, and certainly deviated from the party of the 80s. They seem much more focused now on Identity politics, and issues de jour rather than long standing ideals of the Republic.

I guess I don't find it suprising that a party built on collectivisim (the Democrats) are more organized than a party focused (originally) on Inidividualsim (Republicans). Unfortuante, but not surprising.

In my view what needs to happen is all the differing "individualist" movements in the country need to wake up, and realize they need each other to form a majority that can offer a meaningful alternative to collectivism. Instead I mostly see infighting these days, hence at least 4 years, if not 8 of Obama. Getting individualists to "come together" and compromise with each other will always be much more challenging.

If folks don't join back into the Republican party and make their voices heard, demand their voices be heard, and change things for the better, they will continue to fail in communicating and demonstrating the ideals that built this country. If we just all grumble in our own corners, I don't expect much will change. I do think that another civil war would be one of the worst possible things to happen.

Just my view.
15 years 6 months ago #504

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!