Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

worth the $$$ ?

• Thank you received: 4

worth the $$$ ? was created by MarkM

Greetings,

I'm just curious from those who know. Or found out the hard way. Does the reduction of material in the carrier "help" anything? (I think it will unbalance it and cost more)

Sorry to put you on the spot but.......Speaking of costing more, similar BCG's range from $100-400, why? The nickel-boron process adds $, but some of these BCG's are cheaper than some that haven't had the process. Is there any mfr. you can recommend? OK my rant ends here!

Thank You,
MarkM
8 years 5 months ago #46373

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic worth the $$$ ?

personally I don't see the point in a lightweight BCG for the 308's. You would need to do a bunch of R&D to figure out the right amount of gas, the buffer weight needed, and the correct spring. Options on these parts is not near as plentiful as they are for the little brother and what is there is much more costly.
As far as treated BCG's the money is in the coating being done correctly and the most expensive isn't necessarily the best. I'd recommend d. wilson for this part;

www.dwilsonmfg.com/store/p18/AR10_Bolt_carrier_Group.html

Here are some pics of mine, clean up is a snap;

LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by jtallen83.
8 years 5 months ago #46374

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

• Thank you received: 4

Replied by MarkM on topic worth the $$$ ?

Thanks JTallen83,
I'm accumulating a goto list from you. I appreciate your help, your BCG looks new!

Have a good one
MarkM
8 years 5 months ago #46375

Those pictures were before use but the only wear it is showing at 500 rounds is the cam pin and a few tiny spots at the front edges of the top carrier rails. 99%+ of the coating is like new yet, the carbon just wipes off.
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 5 months ago #46376

"308AR" is the code for 10% off 308 parts at d. wilson, it was still a good code as of today.
www.dwilsonmfg.com/store/c5/AR10_Parts.html
LIBERTY FIRST!
8 years 5 months ago #46377

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!