Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Ruger SR 762

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by RickinMo on topic Ruger SR 762

MsgtBill you aren't by chance using the 20 MOA Nikon mount are you?
That mount is a POS.
I had the same problem as you are having when I used this mount I had to loosen it all up then push it to where the scope centered and hold it until I tightened it down.
This might take 2 or 3 times to get right
Once I got it centered and locked down it stayed but you can forget about anything close to return to zero.
I took it off and pitched it.
There are too many good mounts in that same price range to deal with stuff like that.
You may find me lying dead in a ditch but by God you will find me in a big pile of brass
The following user(s) said Thank You: MsgtBill
10 years 1 month ago #35797

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MsgtBill on topic Ruger SR 762

Hi.
Yes I am using the mount supplied with the scope. Before I trash the scope I am going to try shimming it to see if I can re-center the reticle. Thanks for your response.
10 years 1 month ago #35869

Replied by MsgtBill on topic Ruger SR 762

Just a quick note, got tired of messing with the scope and returned it to Cabela's. The sales people were extremely nice and stated that they have had a couple problems with these Nikon scopes. My scope had a Bullet Drop Compensator and I got the last new scope with BDC they had. The new scope bore sighted perfectly with only a couple clicks and works great.
10 years 1 week ago #38104

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic Ruger SR 762

Glad to hear it Bill. I have a Nikon Monarch 4x16x42 mm and really like it. No BDC and I have a RRA one piece mount. It works great. I like Nikon, but for my new one I am going with a 3x9x40mm Burris. Got it for half price. Will report on it when I set it up and use it.
10 years 1 week ago #38108

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!