Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

A Firearms Legend Passes

• Thank you received: 556

A Firearms Legend Passes was created by jtallen83

Mikhail Kalashnikov, the former Red Army sergeant behind one of the world’s most omnipresent weapons — the AK-47 and its variants and copies, used by national armies, terrorists, drug gangs, bank robbers, revolutionaries and jihadists — died Dec. 23 at a hospital in Izhevsk, Russia. He was 94.

www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/23/mikhail-kalashnikov

He very well may have been one of the most influential men in recent world history. Love him or hate him he was a firearms genius in the class of JMB. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by jtallen83.
10 years 4 months ago #33054

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by dfc5343 on topic A Firearms Legend Passes

Byebye ya communist douche. That POS weapon has killed enough of my buds to hate him for a lifetime. Leave it to our balless society to adore and mourn a commie gun designer. I HATE him. He doesn't exist.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by dfc5343. Reason: To remove how I really feel
10 years 4 months ago #33059

Replied by jtallen83 on topic A Firearms Legend Passes

I fully understand your sentiment but I just can't blame the deaths on him, the politicians of both sides should bear that responsibility in full.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 months ago #33060

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by dfc5343 on topic A Firearms Legend Passes

Wondering what politicians and the media are doing is always above my paygrade. Times have changed. We are getting soft....like Rome in the final days. Immortalize our enemies and prosecute our GI's for doing a job they were trained to do. Its the initialed corporate generation. I have buried too many to even begin to respect any communist, terrorist or enemy of my country.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by dfc5343.
10 years 4 months ago #33064

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic A Firearms Legend Passes

Kill a Commie for Mommie!

Rest in peace Sir......
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 4 months ago #33072

• Thank you received: 547

Replied by Siscowet on topic A Firearms Legend Passes

Kalisnakov's talent, like the Chinese today, was in borrowing the technology of others and adapting it for the Russian climate and the Russian peasant. No real innovation. He borrowed heavily from the Stormgewehr 44 and even from the M1 Garand trigger group in his design. Then he adapted it to the then current Russian Firearms manufacturing technology. John Browning? No way. Maybe Eugene Stoner, but Stoner had more unique solutions that weren't borrowed from other people.
He was the enemy, but a clever enemy.
10 years 4 months ago #33076

• Thank you received: 529

Replied by OleCowboy on topic A Firearms Legend Passes

I am sure that when he developed the firearm his intentions were good. As for the AK, well its a great weapon by any standards. That said you cannot compare it to the AR and I have tried. Mostly the comparo's are threads on various forums started by unknowledgable gun owners. I should have kept some notes. AK fanboys are rabid fanatics! To which I reply:

Everyone that has tried to kill me has tried with an AK 47. At the end of the day none of them succeeded but I was successful with my AR...
10 years 4 months ago #33077

Replied by jtallen83 on topic A Firearms Legend Passes

Very true but without the easily manufactured and used AK they may have been trying to kill you with a bolt action. History was changed, maybe not a good thing but changed none the less.
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 months ago #33078

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!