Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Buffer

• Thank you received: 0

Buffer was created by mpfire12

I have a buffer type question for my Anderson Arms AM10BD. It's a AR10 variant based on the DPMS. It came with a magpul Ctr and carbine buffer tube with what I believe is a heavy buffer. I purchased a magpul prs and a A2 buffer tube, spring and buffer. I installed it and noticed that the buffer combined with the bolt it to long and therefor won't lock. My question is do the A2buffers come in different sizes? And if not can I use the heavy carbine style buffer in the a2 tube and spring?
10 years 4 months ago #33234

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 556

Replied by jtallen83 on topic Buffer

I'm not familiar with your particular weapon but I've heard many similar issues when swapping to the PRS on 308 platform rifles. I'm pretty sure there is a specific combination of tube and or buffer needed. I would contact Magpul if nobody here can give you a more direct answer. Wish I could be more help right now. :usa:
LIBERTY FIRST!
10 years 4 months ago #33238

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Buffer

A PRS will require the use of a "rifle" buffer. Did you buy an AR10 PRS or an AR15? What is the length of the buffer you got with the PRS? Did you get this DIRECTLY from MagPil?

An AR10 rifle buffer should be 5 3/16" long an AR15 rifle length buffer is 5 7/8" long
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
10 years 4 months ago #33239

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by mpfire12 on topic Buffer

I think you answered my question faawrench. The rifle buffer I got is probably for the ar15 not the 10. I will measure when I get home. Hope that's it! Thanks guys. I'll let you onow
10 years 4 months ago #33253

• Thank you received: 212

Replied by faawrenchbndr on topic Buffer

Do you have a kitchen type scale available?
Weight should be 5.4 ounces, The AR15 rifle length buffer will tip the scale at 5.2 ounces
NRA Life Member
USAF(ret)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jtallen83
10 years 4 months ago #33254

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!