Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

russian brass

• Thank you received: 67

russian brass was created by foxhunter

Can't find brass anywhere, so I got the bright idea to buy some cheap russian ammo, shoot it for fun in my AR104f and reload the brass for my AR10T( the T won't eject the russian ammo, but the 4f doesn't seem to mind it). After I had bent a decapping unit and went through 5 decapping pins without getting the first case decapped, I drilled a hole in the old primer and pulled it out, only to find that the hole in the Russian brass was much smaller than my decapping pins. not reloadable.
15 years 1 month ago #1274

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102

Replied by MrMarty51 on topic Re:russian brass

If they are boxer primed and the primers are the same size as the ones We get here in America You can pound them out by fillng the brass with water then using a dowel that will fit into the neck of your case and hit it with a hammer and the hydraulic pressure should push the primer out.
I lucked out the other day when an oldtimer came by and sold Me about 3000 rounds of new primed brass for 300 bucks.One hundred rounds of it is nickel.
He also sold me a hundred rounds of new primed 45-70 brass for 40 bucks.
Things is moving fast now.
What`ll You say when Jesus asks, Why did`nt You read My book ???
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by MrMarty51.
15 years 1 month ago #1278

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!