Welcome to AR10T.com, the world's first forum dedicated to AR-10™ rifles .  We invite you to JOIN our friendly firearms enthusiast forum.

Reloading Dies for AR-10

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Reloading Dies for AR-10

John Kreiger made a bunch of the pama barrels that I installed for pama team shooters. Most shot good there was 2 of them that were flat dogs. The one that shot the best was .0016 out of round on the muzzle. These are cut rifle barrels and are very soft in side. After this batch of barrels I never used Kreigers stuff again. I switched my 2 shooters over to Lilja and never looked back. They had back to back Nationals in long range as soon as I switched them. Norm set new records in 05 and Kent followed in 06. See Lilja' highpower page for ref. These barrels are round with in .0002 and I aint getting any bad ones. In 22 bench rest rifles you use Lilja or you don't win period. I shot that mess for several years with an ammo bill of $400 a week at times and it was only Lilja or Anshultzs barrels winning with Lilja leading by far. I think your smith has it right. Now when you fix it make sure the face of the receiver is machined square. That makes the walkers go away from heat distribution. I sale the tool rights to Brownells for the AR15 but the need for the A10 hasen't been there yet to start production. Send it back to John and make him fix it. Mark the barrel and see if he switches it. Use some WW760 powder in it first as a base line test. With iron sights you should get around 1" groups at 200yds. The best barrels will shoot 1/2 to 5/8 groups at 200. Always test at 200 it gives you a better idea of the barrel quality.MSH
14 years 4 months ago #2718

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by crawldady on topic Re:Reloading Dies for AR-10

Thanks for all the info,
Im still a bit undecided if I want this barrel back on my rifle whether its fixed or not. Normally I am the type of person that overresearches things to the point where the decicion become fuzzy. LOL Live and learn. I am looking into the lija barrels now, gonna see where that goes.
On a lighter note the .338 is a pleasure to shoot. I am still breaking in the barrell so the I am only getting to shoot for a little bit each day.
Current loads so far are slow movers. but I will have to work on that.also Im not sure how the BLC(2) powder holds up in the cold as it hasn't been this cold in SC in at least 5years.
thanks
14 years 4 months ago #2719

• Thank you received: 2

Replied by DMCI* on topic Re:Reloading Dies for AR-10

+1 on Lilja. My rifles lately have been 3 groove heavy barrels. Shoot brilliant!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

14 years 4 months ago #2733

Show 'em Off!

Add your rifle to the AR-10 Photo Thread!